Thread: all new to me page

clarblack is offline Junior Member

Smile all new to me

Shop Now
    Hi i have been eating primal for almost 2 weeks and found it relatively easy. lost 2 pounds in first week but seem to be heavier this week. Have been reading posts about correct ratios of fat/carb/protein, seems to be 60-30-10 for fat,protein,carb. based on this i seem to only be eating about 900 cals per day am female with 103 lean body mass and another 35lbs still to loose. Any help greatly received as i still dont think i am doing this right. Also use fitday but as i live in uk not sure that that the amounts are quite right as our products do differ.

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Eat more!! Your body will go in to storage mode because it thinks it's not being fed enough.

What's your average daily meal? I do those ratios and still manage to eat 1500-1600 cals a day.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    "Storage" or "starvation" mode is a myth to some extent. However, if you are going to use calories as a way of weight loss, try starting out at about a 500 calorie deficit after you figure our your BMR. Unless you are 4'9", 900 calories seems really low. I think more along the lines of what Sarah is eating, around 1500 per day would be a good place to start for a 3-4 weeks. See how you do, and if you are not losing, then drop it about 200 calories for another 3-4 weeks.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I aim for 1500-1600 calories and an average daily menu for me would look like this (just to give you a visual)
    2 eggs cooked in butter
    2 or 3 slices of bacon
    a big salad at lunch (2 cups greens and other salad veg), olive oil dressing, 1/2 avocado, 1 can tuna
    1/2 apple with 1 tbsp almond butter
    dinner of 4-6 oz chicken, pork or beef, 2 cups steamed veg with butter, 1/2 potato or sweet potato
    1/2 cup frozen berries, 1/4 cup coconut milk
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    I aim for 1500-1600 calories and an average daily menu for me would look like this (just to give you a visual)
    2 eggs cooked in butter
    2 or 3 slices of bacon
    a big salad at lunch (2 cups greens and other salad veg), olive oil dressing, 1/2 avocado, 1 can tuna
    1/2 apple with 1 tbsp almond butter
    dinner of 4-6 oz chicken, pork or beef, 2 cups steamed veg with butter, 1/2 potato or sweet potato
    1/2 cup frozen berries, 1/4 cup coconut milk
    Thank you for the helpful advice, will definately try to eat more, until i can get the balance right

Thanks for your reply. Currently meals look like this breakfast scrambled egg and 1 slice grilled back bacon, lunch mixed salad about 2 cups total with 2oz meat or feta cheese, tuna, snack 1oz sunflower or pumpkin seeds, dinner 3/4oz lean meat or fish with salad or veg, apple or pear or berries. te/coffee throughout the day with small amount whole goats milk. Been inputting this into fitday to get the cals and ratio's.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Eat!