Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow cooker stew help! page

LadyVeggie is offline Junior Member

Slow cooker stew help!

Shop Now
    I am having trouble finding a good slow cooker recipe for my stew meat that is calling to me from my freezer. Everything I can find online has potatoes or flour or other crap I won't eat. Any help would be great. Links, recipes, anything you have!

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    My stew consists of throwing vegetables in pot, season meat, throw meat in, add water, turn on crock, and leave.

Anyone with a real recipe would be appreciated!
    http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

Dalton is offline Senior Member
    Substitute turnips for the potatoes and ditch the rest of the crap you don't want to eat. You can thank me later on the turnips.

onalark is offline Senior Member

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you can toss literally anything in there, it all depends on what you like.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I take my meat, season it with S&P and in the crockpot, I qtr onions, carrots, you can use parsnips or turnips but I still eat potatoes, a few cloves of garlic, some beef broth and let it cook. Simple and delish.
    Georgette

TheFoodLovers is offline Senior Member
    Like everyone has said, you can throw virtually anything in there. As a general rule of thumb, you will get better results from more sturdy vegetables (ie, carrots, turnips, parsnips, onions, garlic, etc...)

If you're looking for a recipe of sorts, we have a good pot roast recipe on our site.
    The Food Lovers' Primal Palate: Certified Organic Pot Roast | What is Certified Organic?

Paleobird Guest
    A Year of Slow Cooking

This is a link to a site where a guy ate out of nothing but his crock pot for a whole year.

I like lamb rubbed with a garam masala spice mix. Put in pot with 50/50 broth/red wine. Cook all day while trying not to drool on yourself.

Rapunzel is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    A Year of Slow Cooking

This is a link to a site where a guy ate out of nothing but his crock pot for a whole year.

I like lamb rubbed with a garam masala spice mix. Put in pot with 50/50 broth/red wine. Cook all day while trying not to drool on yourself.
    Ooooooooh! I think my lazy slackerpants self just found a new favorite website! Thank you!

raddogz is offline Junior Member
    I love Stephanie O'Dea's 365 Crockpot blog site. Her cookbook is just as good and something to check out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast