Thread: Raw liver ideas? page

inquisitiveone is offline Senior Member

Raw liver ideas?

Shop Now
    Having recently read Deep Nutrition, I would like to emulate the story of the youngster who drank liquefied raw liver every morning (for unknown duration) and cured his asthma.

I have some raw liver that's been frozen for two weeks to kill any possible pathogens ... now what? Any suggestions as to how to make this as palatable as possible will be much appreciated. I'm one of those people who was force-fed liver and onions (probably overcooked liver, to boot) as a kid and didn't like it; that's been my sole experience with it so far. Oh, and I didn't like liverwurst back then, either.
    “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

My primal journal

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Google "leverpostej", have the Danish recipe translated into English via the Google website translation service, see what you think. Danes love it! (Me included). You may need to modify a little.

Tak! It sounds interesting, but all the recipes I've seen call for the mixture to be baked, and I'm looking for something raw.

That said, I think I can use it as a starting point ... blend the liver, some sour cream or plain yogurt, onions, garlic, and other spices; then I could try wrapping it in a lettuce leaf or something. Hmmmm ...

My primal journal

Melody is offline Senior Member
    grate, mix in blender with tomato juice, lime juice, salt and cayenne. here is a video i made about making this http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29051.html
    Last edited by Melody; 06-02-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Oh, raw-raw... Sorry, missed that part...

Paleobird Guest
    I find that raw mushrooms cancel out the "livery taste" of liver when I'm making pate. Olives are also good. The same would probably work in a blender too. Maybe a sour cream, mushrooms, olives, liver, spices, blend?

What was the theory behind raw liver curing asthma?

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I find that raw mushrooms cancel out the "livery taste" of liver when I'm making pate. Olives are also good. The same would probably work in a blender too. Maybe a sour cream, mushrooms, olives, liver, spices, blend?
    Ooooh, great ideas. Thanks!

The other day I tried blending 3 pieces of raw liver, 1 scallion, 1 clove of garlic, 2 T plain yogurt, fresh parsley, and salt and pepper. I used it as a salad dressing on a BA steak salad. It was okay, but there was some liver flavor ... and afterward, it seemed like I could feel it working its way through my digestive system. Was that from my body saying, "Hey! 'Bout damn time you give me this good stuff!" or from my brain saying, "OMGWTF?!! You just voluntarily ate what?!? After fighting with your parents about it all those years?"

What was the theory behind raw liver curing asthma?
    Alas, that was not revealed.

My primal journal