Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: What am I doing wrong with my food choices? page

  1. #1
    JanuaryEmber's Avatar
    JanuaryEmber is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ft. Bragg NC
    Posts
    111

    What am I doing wrong with my food choices?

    Primal Fuel
    I did whole30 back in march/april, then fell so far off the wagon it took till now to catch back up. I am now on day 3 of 'starting over' and I feel like crap. Every few hours I am getting that starving, need to eat right now, feeling. I don't know if this is part of detox or if I am not eating enough or what. Here is what I ate yesterday and today, in hopes someone can tell me what to fix to make this go away. (If possible)

    Yesterday-
    3 slices of thick cut bacon
    2 large brown eggs fried in bacon drippings

    BAS (spring mix & spinach blend, leftover pepper sausage, mushroom, cucumber, tomato, home made vinagrette)

    Chicken 'stir fry' (boneless skinless chicken, a bag of 'stir fry veggie mix' consisting of broccoli, carrot, pea pods and broccoli slaw, all sauteed in avocado oil and coconut aminos)

    strawberries & cherries
    1 'all natural' antiodixant fruit popsicle (after a hot walk)
    a small handful of 60% cocoa chips

    Today (so far, not dinner yet)-
    4 mini egg muffins (equavalent of 2 eggs) topped with shredded full fat cheese
    3 slices of thick cut bacon

    leftover pork chop (bone-in chop fried in butter then baked in a gravy of sour cream butter and mushrooms)
    Small salad (spring mix & spinach topped with home made dressing)

    strawberries and raw cashews
    small handful of 60% cocoa chips (15 chips)

    Have not had dinner yet.


    So, can someone please help shed some light for me? I am trying to lose weight (60+ pounds) and CW has burned into my brain that I have to eat less to lose weight. I know that is wrong. But I don't know why I feel like this (weak, shaking, lethargic, stomach rumbling) and when I do, I have no idea what to eat!
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

  2. #2
    lssanjose's Avatar
    lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tigard, OR
    Posts
    1,488
    Could be carb flu (my wild guess); I'd double check the bacon (I don't know where you get them, and what brand(s) ). All natural fruit popsicle? I'd check the ingredients on that. I'd say, try kicking the fruit habit a little, IMHO. I take it you had the muffins with the bread slices?

  3. #3
    redberry's Avatar
    redberry is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    22
    Cut the fruit (sugar!) and nuts and maybe add more fat and protein to your meals, like an extra egg at breakfast and some avocado in your salad at lunch.

    I would also think the chocolate is a bad idea, but in saying that I might taking the wind out of your sails completely.
    5'1" - 35/29.5/40.5

    Start (5/9/11): 133 lbs
    5/25/11: 127.2 lbs

    Goal: 120ish

  4. #4
    JanuaryEmber's Avatar
    JanuaryEmber is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ft. Bragg NC
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    Could be carb flu (my wild guess); I'd double check the bacon (I don't know where you get them, and what brand(s) ). All natural fruit popsicle? I'd check the ingredients on that. I'd say, try kicking the fruit habit a little, IMHO. I take it you had the muffins with the bread slices?
    No, they were 5 eggs beaten and put into a mini muffin pan (made 12 mini muffins), topped with a little shredded cheese and baked. Just egg and cheese, no bread. And yea, a bit of extra crap in the popsicle, but would having that yesterday be making me feel like crap today?
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

  5. #5
    JanuaryEmber's Avatar
    JanuaryEmber is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ft. Bragg NC
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by redberry View Post
    Cut the fruit (sugar!) and nuts and maybe add more fat and protein to your meals, like an extra egg at breakfast and some avocado in your salad at lunch.

    I would also think the chocolate is a bad idea, but in saying that I might taking the wind out of your sails completely.
    Thanks for the ideas. I went into this swearing no fruit at all this time, but my meals are not keeping me full till the next. Even my BAS, I was FULL, STUFFED for hours after but about 4 hours later, I was ravenous. Tomorrow I will add some avocado to my salad. I bought one and forgot to put it in yesterday *doh*
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

  6. #6
    gunnk's Avatar
    gunnk is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Carrboro, NC
    Posts
    274
    I can't say for certain, but it also looks like your salt intake may be sky-high. Modern foods often have astronomical amounts of salt added, so you may need to watch for that. I know that high salt meals definitely have a negative impact on me.

    Your body has to keep itself in balance, and that influx of sodium ions makes it hard to do.
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

  7. #7
    SlimIcy's Avatar
    SlimIcy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by JanuaryEmber View Post
    I was FULL, STUFFED for hours after but about 4 hours later, I was ravenous.
    It's not the same for everyone, but when this happens to me it's because I ate a meal with too high of a ratio of protein to fat. I used to work at a restaurant and they'd serve us baked skinless chicken breast, veggies, and a grain. No matter how much of the chicken/veggies ate I was always hungry 1-2hrs later. When they served steak tips, not a problem. Add a bit more dressing/fat to your salad and see.

  8. #8
    lssanjose's Avatar
    lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tigard, OR
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnk View Post
    I can't say for certain, but it also looks like your salt intake may be sky-high. Modern foods often have astronomical amounts of salt added, so you may need to watch for that. I know that high salt meals definitely have a negative impact on me.

    Your body has to keep itself in balance, and that influx of sodium ions makes it hard to do.
    I'm beginning to see that (sodium) in prepacked sausages (no matter how "naturally derived they are). Rather high.

  9. #9
    JanuaryEmber's Avatar
    JanuaryEmber is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ft. Bragg NC
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnk View Post
    I can't say for certain, but it also looks like your salt intake may be sky-high. Modern foods often have astronomical amounts of salt added, so you may need to watch for that. I know that high salt meals definitely have a negative impact on me.

    Your body has to keep itself in balance, and that influx of sodium ions makes it hard to do.
    Hmm I had not considered that. I am sure the bacon has a lot of salt, and I do get some headaches after eating it. I suppose I should cut all the dairy out too on that note.
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

  10. #10
    JanuaryEmber's Avatar
    JanuaryEmber is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ft. Bragg NC
    Posts
    111
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimIcy View Post
    It's not the same for everyone, but when this happens to me it's because I ate a meal with too high of a ratio of protein to fat. I used to work at a restaurant and they'd serve us baked skinless chicken breast, veggies, and a grain. No matter how much of the chicken/veggies ate I was always hungry 1-2hrs later. When they served steak tips, not a problem. Add a bit more dressing/fat to your salad and see.
    Oy, I put 3 TBSP on the salad (it is mainly 50/50 olive oil and red wine vinegar plus seasonings). Was that not enough? I don't know if I could possibly put more on there! As I was eating it as was thinking maybe next time cut back to 2 TBSP because it was drenched. Maybe a better protein source, because the single pepper sausage was a chicken sausage so was probably pretty lean and I only used one.
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •