Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Fare at Trader Joe's? page

Phoenixflame is offline Senior Member

Primal Fare at Trader Joe's?

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys! What are your favorite primal things to get at TJs? I haven't been in over half a year so I'm sure they have new stuff. I'm mostly asking about items like sauces and condiments.

I know in a perfect world we would make everything from scratch but I'm also a student with a full-time internship. It helps to have a few raw and premade materials on hand.

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    I love TJs but I find they have very little that doesn't contain added sugar or gluten. I like their pre-made salads, sausages, bacon. As far as sauces, the last time I was there I picked up a jar of green curry that looked good.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Mango chutney, cheeses, pre-made salads, Kerrygold butter, heavy whipping cream that is just cream, almond meal, coffee, gluten free hard cider, sausages, cheeses.
    Georgette

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    It's not a condiment, but I was pretty excited when I went last week to find packages of their apple-smoked bacon ends (uncured, nitrate-free!) for $2.99 for a 1 lb. package. The regular sliced version is $3.99 for 12 ounces.

Their salsas are good, I have a hot chipotle salsa right now, and there's no weird ingredients or sugar.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyh View Post
    It's not a condiment, but I was pretty excited when I went last week to find packages of their apple-smoked bacon ends (uncured, nitrate-free!) for $2.99 for a 1 lb. package. The regular sliced version is $3.99 for 12 ounces.

Their salsas are good, I have a hot chipotle salsa right now, and there's no weird ingredients or sugar.
    Definitely will give them a thumbs up on salsa. I do also like their frozen seafood as well. In the dairy section, look for "herb butter". If you like shrimp scampi, it makes the best. Also the herb butter is great for steaks.
    Georgette

Lira is offline Member
    Watch out for veggie oils in their sauces! And their coconut milk is LITE, ugh.

Other than that, lots of their frozen fish are wild-caught, which I like. They are starting to sell grass-fed ground beef, too. Haven't tried their beef bacon but it looks awesome. They have some raw cheeses (but not as good as farmer's market cheese imo). I like their baking chocolate disks as a snack (but I like the big gourmet blocks I get at WF better). Good go-to for almond meal if you don't want to deal with the internet. LOVE the Greek yogurt when I decide not to care about cow breed or grass-fed status. Their Vitamin D supplement has olive oil instead of soybean oil. Bread & butter pickles are delicious, and sun-dried tomatoes in oil are pretty good. Mineral water for a reasonable price. Yogi tea. Coffee coffee coffee coffee.

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Denmark doesn't have a TJ's
    We do have Trader Joe's nuts, though, but that's about the only product I've seen...

jkt2 is offline Member
    grassfed ground beef, nitrate free bacon (though they dropped Niman Ranch and the TJ's brand pales in comparison), sausages (though they contain dextrose... thoughts on how bad this is?), cream-top whole milk (for my daughter), heavy cream, frozen organic blueberries and raspberries (perfect with the heavy cream), various produce, frozen wild-caught fish, canned salmon/tuna/sardines, dark chocolate (when i'm indulging)... there's lots of good stuff, but yes, check labels... lots of hidden gluten/veggie oils. i've pretty much given up on anything pre-packaged (from there or anywhere else).

strom is offline Senior Member

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I really like TJ Raw Milk Cheese; grass fed beef; drumsticks; and their sausages.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast