Thread: oh man, my adductors page

dado Guest

oh man, my adductors

so i've been squatting and after 2 weeks of regular training, i had to take some days off to rest my adductors. am i alive, will i live? why are my adductors so garbage?

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Do you sit down all day at work?

Abu Reena is offline Senior Member
    Use a foam roller, lots. Take some of the weight off and work on form. Make sure your knees are out. Strengthen your glutes and hams (glute ham raise, anyone?) DId I mention work on form?

I've had a similar issue. Narrow your stance a bit too at least for the time being.

Conner P. is offline Senior Member
    I second a narrower stance and keeping your knees out. I dealt with the same problem for a few weeks not too long ago and those two things have helped tremendously. Also, don't neglect warming up. I start with the bar x5, 25's x4, 35's x3, 45's x2, 10-15 under my rep weight x1.

(above are pounds)

Abu Reena is offline Senior Member
    What Conner said, plus warm up on a rower or elliptical for 5 minutes before you ever go near the squat rack. Get your body temp up and the blood flowing to limber up the muscles.

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    If you aren't squatting regularly your adductors will be sore every time you do squat ... but luckily, the quickly adapt. Add some sumo squats at least once a week, and your adductors won't give you much trouble.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    I had that when doing a wide-stance squat with feet pointed forward, powerlifting esque. With a shoulder width feet out I havent felt em hurting (could also be increased frequency though)

dado Guest
    I brought my heels closer together and focused on keeping entire body tight. I forced it through the discomfort and the form is improving. Fifth set still messes with me a bit but it's much improved. I stretch, too. Well, my woman stretches me before bed.

dado Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Should have taken weight off when I posted this. Got to 170#, tried for 176# today and failed on the last rep of second set. Took it down to 120# and am focusing on form and keeping knees out. Form is critical. I rushed it to 170.

Don't rush! Look at the big picture! Does it really matter, in the end, if it takes me an extra month or two months or even 6 months to get to 300#? No.

I took all my weights down, in every exercise, including bench, and am focusing on keeping it tight, tight muscles, tight form.