Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bulking Muscle with Cream? page 5

GrockinOut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    i'm sacrificing primal and doing gomad, not worried about the fat because it will be easy to take care of once my base strength is developed.
    I know I am going to get fried on here for saying this, but man you do not want to bulk with a mixture of high carbs, and high fats! Eating carbs does not make you fat! gahh i said it! simply the fact of eating a surplus of calories will lead to weight gain, and how much you over eat will help determine how much fat you gain.

it is actually really hard to store carbs as fat via de nova lipogenesis but eating carbs and high fat will allow an easier time for those fats to be stored as fat.

bulk on a high carb, high protein, moderate fat diet! You do not want to cut more fat than you have to later on down the road!

And you can bulk on paleo high carb diet!

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrockinOut View Post
    I know I am going to get fried on here for saying this, but man you do not want to bulk with a mixture of high carbs, and high fats! Eating carbs does not make you fat! gahh i said it! simply the fact of eating a surplus of calories will lead to weight gain, and how much you over eat will help determine how much fat you gain.
    I agree with this, and supposedly going high fat/high carb will in many cases mean too many calories or too low protein intake. Personally I wouldn't be able to eat high carb / moderate fat for very long (dry and dull meat, too few good sources of starch), and I believe you can do very well with 100-150g carbs on an otherwise high fat/protein diet without really inducing any particular fat gain (especially if timed around workouts).

Chrisflyer is offline Member
    Go easy on the eggs - particularly the yolk. Remember this products is designed for sustaining the life of a chicken...

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisflyer View Post
    Go easy on the eggs - particularly the yolk. Remember this products is designed for sustaining the life of a chicken...
    May I ask for you reasoning as to why one should limit eggs? "this products is designed for sustaining the life of a chicken" the same could be said for any other 'product' if you just replace 'chicken'

Nutritionator is offline Senior Member
    I agree with a lot of the others, eat more beef with pints of coconut milk if you want to bulk. Quick gains with milk will probably go away when you switch back anyway.
    My Paleo Project:

www.nutritionator.com

claude512 is offline Senior Member
    Looking at it from a health/genetic blueprint/sustainability/evolution perspective one kinda wonders if all of you realize how ridiculous both the concept of eating a dozen (or 18?! 18?!?!) eggs a day, or drinking a gallon of milk a day really is... how on earth would that even remotely agree with the original concept of the Primal Blueprint?! 30 bananas a day anyone?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by claude512 View Post
    Looking at it from a health/genetic blueprint/sustainability/evolution perspective one kinda wonders if all of you realize how ridiculous both the concept of eating a dozen (or 18?! 18?!?!) eggs a day, or drinking a gallon of milk a day really is... how on earth would that even remotely agree with the original concept of the Primal Blueprint?! 30 bananas a day anyone?
    When did anybody say they did? Both GOMAD and DEAD are supposed to be ridiculous and extreme methods of rapid weight gain

When Cartman took Weight Gain 4000 and became a Beefcake he didn’t claim to be doing so within the guidelines of the Primal Blueprint, but he still looked awesome.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    When did anybody say they did? Both GOMAD and DEAD are supposed to be ridiculous and extreme methods of rapid weight gain

When Cartman took Weight Gain 4000 and became a Beefcake he didnít claim to be doing so within the guidelines of the Primal Blueprint, but he still looked awesome.

Yea, it's not primal, but it's cool. Drinking a gallon of milk a day, it's the best. But I'm not swole yet, damn.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Drinking a gallon of milk a day is a good way to become a lard butt.

Go old school; steak, eggs, cream.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, zombi thread!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast