Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bulking Muscle with Cream? page 4

dado Guest
    Primal Fuel
    it takes longer to prepare and it's just a lot of eggs to eat. would you eat a dozen pretty easily if you did it every day for weeks?

milk, it is easier to get down, requires no preparation, and like the guy in this thread, a few posts above, said, "milk makes animals grow".

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to eat 12 eggs a day for weeks on end, but I wouldn't want to drink a gallon of milk a day either. Hey, if it works for you, more power to you.

I think a more moderate approach is wiser, but if you just HAVE to gain weight fast, I have no doubt that GOMAD works. It just seems that too much of that gain is fat. I think that's true no matter where the excess calories are coming from. In my limited experience, trying to force gains by eating way over caloric needs just makes me gain too much fat and feel terrible. Slow and steady wins the race.
    Last edited by yodiewan; 06-03-2011 at 06:42 AM.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    What if one were to do a slower version of gomad? like half a gallon instead of a whole gallon, would it be the same end result just taking twice the time?

I want chocolate milk... but read that wasn't too good especially considering the sugar, but maybe some cocoa powder would make the experiment that much yummier.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I remember something in the New Power Program by Michael Colgan detailing the post fiber point in a set. If you go anywhere beyond six reps (because the muscle fibers are no longer active) when going heavy, all you'll be doing is building up lactic acid in your muscles. You might want to also play with that; in conjunction with, dietary means.

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Eggs dont take long to prepare... just eat them RAW! Bang!!! Chugg them down like a protein shake!

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    What if one were to do a slower version of gomad? like half a gallon instead of a whole gallon, would it be the same end result just taking twice the time?

I want chocolate milk... but read that wasn't too good especially considering the sugar, but maybe some cocoa powder would make the experiment that much yummier.
    So, you're suggesting HOGMAD Half Of a Gallon of Milk A Day? Sounds like a biker thing now.

Hvrafnur is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbuckley View Post
    Eggs dont take long to prepare... just eat them RAW! Bang!!! Chugg them down like a protein shake!
    You dont get all the protein from eggs by doing that. And you could get sick.. So, heating them up is a real have-to.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    So, you're suggesting HOGMAD Half Of a Gallon of Milk A Day? Sounds like a biker thing now.
    Yeah I typed out HOGDMAD then deleted it for that very reason

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I agree, Hvrafnur. The avidin in the whites will bind with biotin if the whites aren't throughly cooked. Still, scrambling eggs takes all of 2 minutes and is one of the easiest things to cook. You can even do them in the microwave if a pan is too much hassle.

dado Guest
    i'm sacrificing primal and doing gomad, not worried about the fat because it will be easy to take care of once my base strength is developed.

eggs, they take long to prepare. scrambling eggs does not take all of two minutes. we must count clean up, too.

i tried eating 18 a day for 2 weeks and now realize i should have done gomad all along; i probably didn't maximize my gains.

it was a headache. i tried boiled, fried; all ways. took forever and was hard to eat after a while.

milk is so easy!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast