Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulking Muscle with Cream? page 3

gorski is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I dunno if you guys have seen this:

From Geek to Freak: How I Gained 34 lbs. of Muscle in 4 Weeks

This is very possible, also check out the Colorado experiment:

The Colorado Experiment, Casey Viator's Workout, Arthur Jones Nautilus Bulletin 1 2 3

exactly the same principle, these gains (the Tim Ferris ones anyway) were done with a Slow-Carb diet, and he at about 5000 calories a day over 6 meals.

These workouts are (High Intensity Workouts) and Tim Ferris did them 2x a week, each workout lasted about 30 minutes. Both the Diet and Workout are in his book(diet might not be in the blog, only the book), but consisted of eating lots of beans, meat, veggies and spinach. (He called it slow carb because of the beans...)

Anyway, Ive tried this myself, not with this diet but a full on bulking GOMAD diet, I was not able to eat 5000 calories a day, I gained about 7kg, 3kg was fat the rest muscle (7kg is about 15lbs i think) I went from weighing 67kg to weighing 74kg, this was in January, after where I took a rest from working out and started eating normally until start of April, In April and May I lost a lot of fat almost all that I had gained, and got my muscles back to the size I gained during the GOMAD diet in January.

Now I want to repeat my results in January but without gaining the 3KG fat, I will be doing the (High Intensity Workout) but I will be hitting more muscle groups than Ferris so I will need a longer rest period of about a week.

Ive looked into Vince Gironda and I might try the Cream Idea, Im only gonna be working out Once a week as I need the 7 day Rest period so I might lower the consumption of the creem throughout the week and load up before and after workout.

Like I mentioned before if youre interested in the High Intensity Workout visit Baye.com or read Body By Science.

gorski is offline Member
    I dunno if you guys have seen this:

This is very possible, also check out the Colorado experiment:

The Colorado Experiment, Casey Viator's Workout, Arthur Jones Nautilus Bulletin 1 2 3

exactly the same principle, these gains (the Tim Ferris ones anyway) were done with a Slow-Carb diet, and he at about 5000 calories a day over 6 meals.

These workouts are (High Intensity Workouts) and Tim Ferris did them 2x a week, each workout lasted about 30 minutes. Both the Diet and Workout are in his book(diet might not be in the blog, only the book), but consisted of eating lots of beans, meat, veggies and spinach. (He called it slow carb because of the beans...)

Anyway, Ive tried this myself, not with this diet but a full on bulking GOMAD diet, I was not able to eat 5000 calories a day, I gained about 7kg, 3kg was fat the rest muscle (7kg is about 15lbs i think) I went from weighing 67kg to weighing 74kg, this was in January, after where I took a rest from working out and started eating normally until start of April, In April and May I lost a lot of fat almost all that I had gained, and got my muscles back to the size I gained during the GOMAD diet in January.

Now I want to repeat my results in January but without gaining the 3KG fat, I will be doing the (High Intensity Workout) but I will be hitting more muscle groups than Ferris so I will need a longer rest period of about a week.

Ive looked into Vince Gironda and I might try the Cream Idea, Im only gonna be working out Once a week as I need the 7 day Rest period so I might lower the consumption of the creem throughout the week and load up before and after workout.

Like I mentioned before if youre interested in the High Intensity Workout visit Baye.com or read Body By Science.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Milk works for a reason, cream won't do the same job. Milk is designed in the perfect nutrient proportions to make mammals grow FAST (i.e. its all they drink when they are young.)

Milks produces a massive insulin response to enoucrage growth. Cream will not give you this. It's not just about calories, hormones play a great part. Another reason Leangains works so well.

At the same time excess fat won't necessarily make you fat. If that were true Atkins wouldn't work.

Im not massive but exploring things all the time, for a long time. My two cents.
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Seen both of them, it's amazing what muscle memory can do yes Not to mention a tan and a shave for terris, along with all the other tricks. Probably dehydrated himself to make the weight gain more noticeable. Don't expect such results unless you're just regaining lost muscle.
    I too had a similar weight gain to yours, going from 74-88kg in a matter of months. I'm sure I didnt gain 14kgs of muscle though lol, gained some water weight coming off very low carb, I guess I gained a bit of fat (although my bodycomp definately improved overall), obviously some muscle but also likely some of the lean mass was due to general growth, being 18 years old one can still experience growth spurts especially with sufficient cals.

While I don't personally want to try HIT at all right now, I would very much recommend that you DON'T MESS WITH THE PROGRAM no matter which one it is. Doing superslow bicep curls or some shit and slicing frequency in half isn't going to have any positive effect, and you have no experience in programming or training others like the creators of the program. If you want to work only once a week do another program (I guess body by science is 1 workout a week).

gorski is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandadude View Post
    While I don't personally want to try HIT at all right now, I would very much recommend that you DON'T MESS WITH THE PROGRAM no matter which one it is. Doing superslow bicep curls or some shit and slicing frequency in half isn't going to have any positive effect, and you have no experience in programming or training others like the creators of the program. If you want to work only once a week do another program (I guess body by science is 1 workout a week).
    What are you talking about?

Anyway, Body By Science is HIT, its a slow rep a cadence of about 5 secs up and down on the rep, lifting for one set per exercise, to failure, there are some variations on failure.

Positive effects I have had whenever Ive worked out like this, the long rest period allows muscles to recover 100%, as your muscles grow in the recovery phase not in the lifting phase. Lifting too frequently does not allow muscles to recover completely thus re-injuring damaged muscles, causing slower muscle gain.

Its like gluing something together and using it before the glue has completely set, you just weaken the joint.

Don't worry I'm not a novice, I know what Im doing.

The Dozen eggs a day thing is a great alternative, totaly forgot about that one, but not a big fan of eggs, might have to try it tho.
    Last edited by gorski; 06-02-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Ever get the feeling you're talking to someone who doesn't particularly want to listen?

gorski is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    Ever get the feeling you're talking to someone who doesn't particularly want to listen?
    I started this thred to see if anyone had any good alternatives to GOMAD and if cream would be suficient, I did not ask for workout advice, if I wanted that I wouldve posted in the fitness forum.

Cheers for all your answers everyone, thatnks Bodhi for bringing "Vince Gironda" to my atention, Ive looked into him and he seems like he speaks some good sense.

Also thanks to iniQuity for reminding me of Marks idea to do DEAD (Dozen eggs a day).

Thanks all for imput.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Vince Gironda was doing Paleo before anyone knew it was paleo.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gorski View Post
    I started this thred to see if anyone had any good alternatives to GOMAD and if cream would be suficient, I did not ask for workout advice, if I wanted that I wouldve posted in the fitness forum.

Cheers for all your answers everyone, thatnks Bodhi for bringing "Vince Gironda" to my atention, Ive looked into him and he seems like he speaks some good sense.

Also thanks to iniQuity for reminding me of Marks idea to do DEAD (Dozen eggs a day).

Thanks all for imput.
    to eat dozen eggs a day is unrealistic and is terrible advice.

i suffocated my swoleness for the first two weeks of my strength program by trying to eat all those eggs, until i realized how ridiculous it was and started drinking a gallon of milk a day. i feel the swole already.

drink a gallon, man, it's the best.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    dado: How is a dozen eggs a day worse than a gallon of milk? It's fewer calories. I've tried neither, but I know that I could eat 12 eggs in a day pretty easily, but drinking a gallon of milk would probably make me feel ill.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast