Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulking Muscle with Cream? page 2

RezH is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I wouldn't bother with the cream. Lot more expensive. If you really need to pack on muscle, then eat everything/workout heavy and worry about losing fat later. Losing fat is much easier than gaining muscle.

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    The reason GOMAD works so well is that the carb to protein ratio combined with the workout is very anabolic. The reason GOMAD gets you fat is because the carb to fat ratiio is very fattening in the context of so many calories. I think with the cream idea you will really only be getting fat from all the extra calories.

I will second Leangains as the best way to put on LBM while keeping the fat off or maybe even losing BF.

gorski is offline Member
    Im gaining pretty fine at the moment, Im by no means skinny, Ive been bodybuilding for 5+ years, I know what GOMAD does and Ive used it before, i was just looking for a primal alternative.

If you guys really want a weight lifting workout that really works read this book "Body by Science" also go to Baye.com he trains people in this way and is very knowlegable about these things. I started this workout last summer, and got majour gains in 2 months, but after the summer, I gave up lifting, got a bit of weight and lost a bit of muscle, I only started again 2 months ago, and Ive gotten amazing resluts, muscles are back in shape, still have some fat covering tho, Im just reaching a slight plateou and needed the GOMAD bost but wanted something Primal.

Most conventional workouts where you do 3-4 sets working out upto 5 days a week are all based around body builder workouts (Bodybuilder workouts = Steroids, as they are iligal body builders write books, but arent alowed to put that they use steroids.)

This type of workout Im on now is amazing. Its like The Primal Blueprint of the Workout World.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    I agree with Primal Fist completely. you need to stick to a solid lifting program, and eat plenty of meat and veggies. for years. even if you follow gomad, you are likely only going to gain 3-4 lbs of muscle by the end of the month, if you're lucky. and don't forget the fat gain that comes with that too.

some questions for you: how long have you been lifting for? what is your typical workout like? are you still progressing? have you tried increasing your calories/protein from whole food sources yet?

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    The program I suggested to you is not based around bodybuilding workouts. It's based around powerlifting workouts with a couple of bodybuilding elements thrown in. And if you read my post, I did mention the steroid issue. I'm glad you're enjoying your training right now, though it concerns me that you think two months can get amazing results and that two months is enough time to reach a plateau (it's not). But, if you want to stick with it, by all means do so - however I would advise using increased intensity and adequate recovery time as your plateau-busters, instead of a trip to the shops for a gallon of milk.

P.S. I may be wrong, but I just get the feeling you might be a program-hopper. If so, don't be. It's probably the biggest killer of progress in amateur lifting.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    The program I suggested to you is not based around bodybuilding workouts. It's based around powerlifting workouts with a couple of bodybuilding elements thrown in. And if you read my post, I did mention the steroid issue. I'm glad you're enjoying your training right now, though it concerns me that you think two months can get amazing results and that two months is enough time to reach a plateau (it's not). But, if you want to stick with it, by all means do so - however I would advise using increased intensity and adequate recovery time as your plateau-busters, instead of a trip to the shops for a gallon of milk.

P.S. I may be wrong, but I just get the feeling you might be a program-hopper. If so, don't be. It's probably the biggest killer of progress in amateur lifting.

What do you think about Mark's suggestion regarding DEAD - Dozen Eggs A Day?

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    DEAD - great acronym since it means two things, Dozen Eggs A Day and the state of the people around you after you drop a sulfur bomb - prrrrrfffffft!

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    I think it is a great idea. One of the greatest legends of bodybuilding used cream (and/or half-n-half) to build and maintain one of the best physiques ever. I would recommend whole raw heavy cream from a local dairy if possible.

Vince Gironda
    Last edited by Bodhi; 06-02-2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: oops
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I would consider myself a novice lifter, but any program such as GOMAD or DEAD (as mentioned above) could really just be called “eat a lot more a day”

The other day I was at a park in Brooklyn doing some pull-ups for fun, my gf did too (yeah she can do a pull up! Only one but hey..) and an older guy in his 60s approached us and told me “If you put an egg yolk in orange juice and drink that every morning I bet you can gain 15-20lbs of muscle in 2-3 months” he was a very friendly dude and I didn’t argue against it, but yeah the likelihood of a single egg yolk a day producing those types of gains is just silly. I eat way more eggs on average per day and I’m a skinny dude.

GOMAD sounds pretty uncomfortable, I don’t think cream would be any less uncomfortable but honestly all that’s happening is you’re upping your calories drastically and HOPING that they’ll go to muscle and not fat (won’t happen) but if you don’t mind some jiggle, then I don’t see what’s so wrong with it.

I might dabble with something similar come winter time, I’d like to put on like 5-10lbs of muscle but I’d like it to be clean so I’ll be going on a much higher cal leangains style diet come September. Right now I’m still focused on getting into lower body fat while staying strong and maintaining the muscle I have. I’d like to see what 6 months of big eating and sticking to a plan will do. Eating a lot is the hardest part, so I probably would employ some type of GOMAD scheme to help me get in extra calories.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well a lot of successful oldschool bodybuilders consumed decent amounts of cream. You're still going to need a high protein intake though, fat can't magically be transformed into muscle. Check out this article at weston price: link gives a good idea of what some natural bodybuilders used in terms of whole foods (and supplements).

If your fat intake is generally low it could help to add some cream or butter for the vitamins which are generally underrated.

I don't necessarily think that extra calories will mostly go to fat, but it should be a tool to increase intensity, because if you do the same workout with the same weights while eating more then it will be pretty useless.
    Last edited by Pandadude; 06-02-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast