Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut milk v cream in coffee page

Della is offline Junior Member

Coconut milk v cream in coffee

Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone could help, my aim is to lose a few pounds think I have about a stone to go now, I'm happy with the way its coming off and of course eating and the lifestyle that I have now, I just wanted to know what everyones thoughts were on this, I like a morning coffee and I used to drink it with cream however, I've been using coconut milk just recently, for the sake of losing weight which is better cream or coconut milk.

Thanks

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Your choice. I go with the coconut milk and a teaspoon of cocoa myself.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I would say it just depends on how much you are using. A tablespoon of coconut milk has slightly fewer calories than a tablespoon of cream.

As far as coconut products being a magic supplement for fat loss, I haven't seen it in my experience. I tried it for several months by using coconut milk, oil and butter, but didn't see that it made any difference for me. However, there are many that will attest to its fat loss benefits in here.

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    According to fitday, 1 oz cream is 39 calories, 1 oz coconut milk is 65 calories. Assuming you tolerate dairy relatively well and that you're using equal amounts in your coffee, the cream is going to come out at fewer calories.

However if you're still seeing progress then I wouldn't worry about it and just have it the way you enjoy.

cassel_man is offline Member
    There's no magic bullet for weight loss. Adding and removing X food from your diet isn't the answer. Calories still matter most.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    There are other benefits to using coconut products. I have gone back and forth on coconut milk and dairy cream myself. I thoroughly enjoy both so it’s usually a matter of what I have on hand. Sometimes I largely prefer coconut milk (and it’s fat profile is better than the cream I’m buying) but when I don’t have it I’m just as happy to have cream.

The thing is, the fat in coconut milk is more, “pure” so to speak than dairy cream unless you have a good source for the dairy cream. Some people stress that, I don’t too much myself.

I don’t think there’s any REAL quantitative advantage to doing coconut over the other.

Della is offline Junior Member
    Thanks everyone, I guess it doesn matter too much.

I though cream was more calorific than coconot milk but I must have read that wrong, hey it won't be the first time.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Della View Post
    Thanks everyone, I guess it doesn matter too much.

I though cream was more calorific than coconot milk but I must have read that wrong, hey it won't be the first time.
    Most people are probably using US data. UK cream is different (BETTER!) as this table shows:

Min fat content:

Clotted Cream UK=55% US=N/A
    Double Cream UK=48% US= N/A
    Heavy Cream UK=N/A US=36%
    Whipping Cream UK=35% US=30%
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

aimlow is offline Senior Member
    What kind of coconut cream do you guys use? The whole fat stuff in a can? I am dairy intolerant and looking for something to put in my coffee!

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't know what cream Fitday's looking at but the stuff in my fridge is 120 cal/oz. It's heavy whipping cream. Of course you don't need much in a cup of coffee to make it absolutely luxurious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast