Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've had it up to HERE page

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member

I've had it up to HERE

Primal Fuel
    this is pro-estrogen, this is anti-estrogen, I read an article where in one paragraph they say berries are estrogen causing, then in the very next paragraph they state berries should be eaten to reduce estrogen! GAH! I can't take it anymore! I know I have too much estrogen in me, I know I don't have enough progestrone, what I don't know is what to freaking do about it! Does anyone have any good sites that are actually INFORMATIVE?!?!?

I'm so over this, and to top off a GREAT week, now I'm having gallbladder pains AGAIN, which I haven't had since I went primal. What the hell is going on?!?!?!?

weird fish is offline Senior Member
    bump

Don't really have anything to say except that I would also really love some solid information on estrogen + progesterone balance

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Is it menopause you are dealing with? Or are you younger? Different concerns at different ages.

Bishop is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry. I understand the frustration. Honestly the only big things I found to strongly influence my estrogen were soy and dairy.
    Not that it's been enough. I have been on prometrium on and off for many years to have any progesterone at all.
    I too would love some solids facts about it instead of a bunch of agenda pushing.

I'm 25 so it's not menopause (god I hope not!) and all my doctor says is "birth control!" but BC makes my gallbladder act up, so I REALLY don't want to go that route, but I can't find any decent sources to point to for an alternative!

porcelain is offline Senior Member
    I share your frustration too. I've never taken birth control and I haven't had a period since February. My doctors advise I go on birth control or take hormone pills, but I refuse. Am I being stubborn?

lolov is offline Senior Member
    Google Dr. Lee... and read one of his books... they mostly deal with menopause/perimenopause, but there's loads of good info in there that I wish I'd read when I was younger. He's the best source I've found for good info on estrogen/progesterone stuff.

Hope that helps

OK, I bit the bullet and bought Dr John Lee's Hormone Balance Made Simple. WOW. What a good book. I just devoured it in one sitting. SO much information! That was what I was looking for!

I think I'm going to chart through this menstrual cycle (keeping in mind it's all wonky because of my surgery) and then next cycle I'm going to start using progesterone cream, following Dr Lee's recommendations.

Totally worth the 10 bucks to download the book onto my kindle app for windows and read!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Sex will help.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast