Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Do you eat less food now? page 6

Griff is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I wonder if we can get him banned by the admins.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

bobbylight Guest

Probably.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I've noticed there are some days when I eat A LOT all the time. Kind of like a Primal binge. I can consumer over 2,500 calories in good pimal nutrien-dense foods and never gain an ounce of weight.

It works the other way too. I never lost any weight being Primal either so now I don't sweat it anymore and just eat whatever I want as much of it as I want (as long as it's primal).

musajen is offline Junior Member

Ha - I wondered why this post was hanging around for so long. Now I understand. Bobby, dude, we aren't asking to be convinced of anything so really, save your breath.

Most people on this forum have, to put it simply, found grains to be hazardous* to their health. It's not some random nutritonal dogma we're blindly clinging to. It's been embraced because of the positive change that going grain-free has had on our lives. Why would we ever reintroduce something to our diets that, from experience, compromises our general health and, in turn, quality of life?

You are certainly welcome to eat your grains, you can have mine too. I wish you well with them.

*hazerdous being relative, might be very mild or might be literally life threatening.*

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I get it. He is an undercover member of AHA. He thought he would jastify the recent partnering with Coca&Cola by convincing us that sugar and grains can indeed have a place in a healthy diet.

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I used to eat a lot in my college days. I was always amongst the biggest eaters there. Over the next 15 years my weight started to increase and my diet kept on decreasing. It was sort of conscious decision to eat less to keep my weight in check. It didn't work ;-).

I am also in a very sedentary job (software), and am mostly lazy ;-).

Since last year I have been trying to lose weight. I found out that my diet should be 2700kcal from exrx.net, and increased my diet to that level, and did weight lifting (the big five). Then I discovered Paleolithic principles. Since then I have lost a lot of weight, and my diet has increased further, and workouts reduced.

I am prone to binging, just last month I ate something 5500kcal (1Kg of meat with lots of butter) in a single day. Before I used to feel hungry after those binges. But now I can't eat anything for a long time. And I take a break or an IF.

My diet is very variable, it would be hard to put a figure to it, but on an average it must be below 3000kcal.

It is quite a lot higher than when I was fat. At my peak weight I was consuming about 2000kcal. And now while losing 22Kgs I am consuming around 3000kcal.

I must have reduced my diet somewhat (or rather had more IFs) when I had a lot of weight to lose.

I somehow think that calories in calories out also depends on the relative efficiency of the digestive processes. I am prone to digestive problems, and think that must have something to do with my increased calorie requirements.

The most important variable is BMR, and I think it increases with diet and exercise ;-). If you eat consistently less, your BMR will be low. If you lift heavy, you will feel hungry and if you do eat properly then BMR increases.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456