Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Do you eat less food now? page 4

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Have you read GCBC? Or anything like it, for that matter?

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Dya know, I&#39;ve asked that about 5 times now in various threads.... just so you don&#39;t get disappointed by lack of response....

bobbylight Guest

No I haven&#39;t read GCBC. I have read what a lot of smart people have said about it though, and that it is garbage science using outdated cherry picked data.

GotPrimal Guest

Bobby,

You are truly becoming a road block to decent discussion here at this site.

We are more than boxes with counters in them.

Controlling our hormones via diet plays SUCH a bigger picture in changing body composition as compared to in/outs of calories.

So the answer is yes, people can eat above maintenance levels of calories and still lose fat/gain muscles/change composition.

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member

There are plenty of factors that go into it, like the thermogenic effect of food, fasting times and eating times, how you ate and worked out previously before PB etc, the fact that eating less carbs means less water weight and muscle glycogen which effects your mass...but it really does come down to calories in and calories out for the most of us. Just take a trip to any bodybuilding forum to figure that out.

Lyle MCdonald said it best..hardgainers overestimate how much they eat and overweight people underestimate how much they eat.

Now there are some of us who do a whole lot better on low carb and I am one of them so thats why I eat this way.

Griff is offline Senior Member

Bobby,

It&#39;s looking more and more like you&#39;re just a CW troll. If you aren&#39;t willing to educate yourself by reading the resources you&#39;ve been given, why should any of us continue to interact with you here? I&#39;m not here to teach you, and when I have students like you who come to me and say "I didn&#39;t read the book, can I still pass the exam?" I tell them "No, you can&#39;t."

You aren&#39;t doing the necessary self-education, and until you do, your questions are a waste of everyone&#39;s time here, including yours. If you want to disprove the appearance of troll-hood, it&#39;s time for you to step up to the plate, do some serious reading, and educate yourself before you post here again.

So that&#39;s my Primal challenge to you: Read the Primal resources you&#39;ve been pointed at, like GCBC, before you post here again. Until you do, I&#39;m calling on folks here to ignore your posts and responses.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

animalcule is offline Senior Member

I actually have a much bigger appetite and am eating more on low-carb. I am feeling very hungry all the time (gnawing sensation in my stomach), however if I don&#39;t eat I don&#39;t get hypoglycemic (sick, dizzy) like I used to eating lots of carbs. I have put on some weight in the last few weeks which is unusual for me.

I count calories roughly. Every day I eat 3 eggs scrambled with 3 tbsps of butter (500 cals), and at least a half pint of heavy cream (800+ cals). I eat a lot more on top of this - meats, cheese, yogurt, sardines, nuts, some fruit. When I bother to add other things up I am getting at least 2200 per day, which is more than average for a 100-lb weakling I think.

I have always been too thin, and am trying to gain weight, so this is GREAT. Without eating grains, I don&#39;t get bloated from eating like used to, and it seems like there is room for a lot more in my stomach!

animalcule is offline Senior Member

Wow, I didn&#39;t see bobbylight&#39;s posts in this thread.

Listen, you, I have wrecked the &#39;calories in, calories out&#39; assumption many times in my life. I have eaten vastly different amounts at different times since I was 14 years old, but I have always been about 100 lbs. For the past 10 years now.

I once spent a month and a half being fed 4000 calories per day under medical supervision - I put on 7 pounds in total, which I lost once I went home. Heck if I know what my body does with everything extra I put in it (I tend to get overheated and fidget more) but it doesn&#39;t put much weight on me. Nor do I lose more than 2-4 lbs when I go through periods in my life eating very little.

maba is offline Senior Member

No offense intended, but I&#39;m waiting to see a post by BobbyLight saying "Sugar can be healthy".

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Are you serious? You&#39;re telling me you didn&#39;t read his "fructose is healthy" post?

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast