Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you eat less food now? page 3

bobbylight Guest

"Volume, yes. But I think I eat a lot more calories than before - yet I'm still losing weight (slowly)."

If you are losing weight, and you weren't before, you are eating less calories or you have increased your calorie output.

bobbylight Guest

"Some people can lose weight eating well above maintenance level calories in "real" foods. "

No they can't. That is impossible. They might think they are eating above maintenance, but they are not.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

It isn't that simple, we're not black boxes.

Have a look at GCBC and/or "Eat fat grow slim" (available as free to download pdf)

I find I'm comfortably eating less in volume, probably happy at the same number of calories that previously I struggled to keep limited to IYSWIM

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Bobbylight, no. I decreased my calorie output: no more HIIT, no more cardio, lifting only 3 days a week.

And I DO eat a lot more nowadays. Close to 3000 calories I would guess.

Why do you have to doubt every thing we do???

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

bobbylight Guest

Yes, actually it is that simple. Calories in and calories out. The thing is that the calorie output we have is sometimes hard to calculate, and a lot of times people count calories wrong. But trust me, it is calories in/calories out.

I believe that per 100 calories, carbs store 3 extra calories per day. So, if you were to take 500 calories of carbs and replace that with fat, you would store 15 less calories...about a bite of food. I don&#39;t think it would make a difference at all. Metabolic advantage is a myth...calories in/calories out. It is science.

bobbylight Guest

Raphael, I doubt what you say because what you are saying is impossible. I think you would be surprised if you actually started counting your calories. I thought I was eating a lot while doing PB too, but I added it up on fitday and it was about 2,000. I would have guessed it was at LEAST 2500 or more. Without grains, calories don&#39;t add up as much as you think.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...-calories.html

grandma is offline Member

Bobby: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futile_cycle

Yes, calories in calories out, but not in the way you are thinking......

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

@bobbylight, personally, I definitely was on less calories pre-primal. I counted them, monitored them, and then burned them off through hour-long exercise routines (aerobics and light weight lifting.) I&#39;m already tiny, so I wasn&#39;t trying to lose weight, just maintain at about a 1600 range. After going paleo/primal, I recorded in Fitday for about 2 months straight, and my calories have averaged about 2200. (And not in keto, carbs averaged a litle less than 100g.) I&#39;ve lost about 3-5lbs. and have really "leaned" out.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

bobbylight, who are you to say what&#39;s impossible? You got dozens of people in this forum, eating well above maintenance level, and still losing weight (or at least not gaining any). What do you say about that?

My meals are all topped with olive oil and butter, and finished with a piece of dark chocolate and coconut oil. I don&#39;t need to count calories. I know I&#39;m averaging 1,000 calories per meal.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

bobbylight Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Raphael, I say that they aren&#39;t eating well above maintenance. You can&#39;t lose weight eating above maintenence. Well you can&#39;t lose fat at least.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast