Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you eat less food now? page 2

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I don't even know how much I really ate before PB- I was an uncontrolled snacker. Because I used to work in an office where everybody brought donuts, cupcakes, and other junk...at the end of the day I couldn't even remember WHAT I ate, let alone the quantities involved. I literally felt as if I was starving all of the time, as well.

Now I only need to eat a couple of times a day; although I'm hungry for my meals, I never feel out of control :-)

misathemeb is offline Member

@jess i have no idea what my LBM is. i just get full really easily. i used to eat 1500-2000 on CW (i ate tons of kashi cereal/clif bars & bread) and my daily intake went up around that amount. but now i'm just not hungry and it feels like i'm forcing myself to eat sometimes

Progenitor is offline Junior Member

Less volume than when I was CW, but a little more than before I started making changes to my diet (when I would get most of my cals from soda etc).

I eat less often than before. Usually in the 1 - 2 meal a day range. Calories are a little less since I IF, but my meals are bigger so overall calories are only slightly less.

cole Guest

Far less volume, I snacked ALL the time and always felt hungry. I enjoy some nitrate free bacon some mornings, maybe 2 or 3 scrambled eggs with heavy whipping cream, and may not eat again until late after noon or dinner.

Less but I generally try to eat REALLY high fat to get the calories I need.

ega2081 Guest

@misathemeb....Do you miss the Kashi cereal, cliff bars, and bread?

My diet consisted of mostly those items as well. I used to wake up and eat two bowls of Kashi cereal with huge scoops of Smuckers all natural peanut butter.

I've just started PB, and am craving that cereal bad..

Interesting,

I ate a lot of Kashi, Cliffs and some bread too before going Lacto-PB. I usually only ate 1 piece of Ezekiel bread, so getting rid of that was not too difficult. And since it was sprouted and only about 15g carbs, I doubt it did much damage. I do miss the Cliff bars, especially the mint and cookie ones. But I eat Dark Chocolate fairly often and that helps. I never found Kashi cereal too addicting, but I guess I just never ate it often enough.

ega2081 Guest

@Marvin...what are you eating for dark chocolate. Ive been eating some 72% Cacao (Ghiradli?, I just cant seem to put the stuff down.....whats your normal intake of chocolate?

I usually buy some 72-73% cocoa (about 3 different flavors) from Trader Joes. Nothing fancy and fairly cheap as well. They have some 90% cocoa, but at a much higher price.

I usually eat 2-3 blocks. Which is less than the suggested serving and I end up with about 10-15g carbs from them. Most of the cals still come from saturated fat and some of the carbs is fiber. They can be hard to put down, but I find eating them after a big meal can lessen overall craving. I usually keep some in my backpack also during classes in case I get hungry. I personally eat a slightly non-ketogenic diet (> 40g carbs or so), so eating a couple extra every now and then does not make a big difference for me.

Someone mentioned this earlier, but combining Coconut cream or milk with some cocoa powder and a little sweetner can give you something that tastes similar to Nutella. Great part is that it will be mostly fat with very little carbs and is a good way to keep cocoa in your diet.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

You know what's delicious? 100% dark chocolate smeared with butter... or coconut oil. I eat it everyday!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

misathemeb is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

@ega i don&#39;t miss the cereal and i&#39;ve convinced myself that clif bars are laden with sugar and are "fake healthy" i DO miss french breads (baguettes, farmhouse bread & of course the croissant pastry) but i&#39;m getting so much better without it. i haven&#39;t had any bread in almost 2 months

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast