Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigh, and I was doing so well! page

mcsnick is offline Member

Sigh, and I was doing so well!

Shop Now
    So I've been doing Primal/Paleo for about a month now. I've been so happy. My depression and anxiety have greatly diminished, which is a godsend. I have gone from 113.6 lbs to 109.6 (I'm short.) I've been LOVING the delicious foods I've been eating. Bacon+eggs+avocado for breakfast= amazing.
    My problem is that tonight I binged on... Peanut Butter & Co Cinnamon swirl peanut butter. I ate probably 6 spoonfuls. It was just so dang good, I couldn't stop. Oh, then I followed it up with some dark chocolate (4 squares). I'm so mad at myself. I know it's not the end of the world and at least it wasn't gluten-laden, but still..... I expect better of myself. I really need to get the PB out of the house. I think it's a trigger. It's pretty much my fav. food ever. Well, on to tomorrow. Thanks for listening.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    You.

Need.

Almond Butter.

Blackbird is offline Senior Member
    You're still doing well.
    You ate six spoons of pb and some chocolate. Not the end of the world. Plus, you identified a problem and came up with a solution.
    Congratulate yourself on your response to difficulty!

NomadRip is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    You.

Need.

Almond Butter.
    This.
    -James
    Just a n00b

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Being mad at yourself is not the way to handle this. Everyone does this. I did it recently with coconut butter. No big deal. I used to get really mad at myself and now I treat myself with kindness, just like I would treat someone else I care about. The more you get mad at yourself the more you might drive yourself to eat. You are doing great... don't sweat it.

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member
    Don't feel bad--I'm just over 2 months in and was doing so well, but last night, I ate a whole pack of Orbit gum just to taste something sweet.

Yeah, not the worst thing in the world, but I was a bit mad that I'm still craving sweet things here and there.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Oh lawd.

Make a thread when you eat an entire extra large pizza in one sitting with donuts for dessert, or have Dairy Queen milkshakes 5 days in a row.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Waskydiver is offline Senior Member
    If you are going to binge, you did it well. Probably not much of a set back. Some would have gone out and eaten an entire pizza.

Consider: I bet you did not set out to eat 6 spoonfuls. Probably just a taste... maybe 1/2 a spoonful. But as soon as it hit your mouth, it was game over.

At least that is how it is for me.

I've learned that no matter what it is: Fruit, Peanut Butter, Bread... Beer... It's not the first taste that gets me... It's the dozen... two dozen that are SURE to follow.

I have the willpower to resist the first taste. But if I let myself have that one taste... I'm off to the races.

So, I make sure that I only allow myself that first taste of that which I am OK with having a belly full of. Right now, I have been limiting myself to one berry a week.... Why of course turns into a dozen berries.

nancy64 is offline Junior Member
    As others have said...you have identified the trigger and have a solution. Just learn from it and move on. It sounds as if you did have a stopping point. I would declare stopping a VICTORY. As for the almond butter suggestion..that is an even worse trigger for me. I can go to the bottom of the jar all by little self one spoonful at a time! I have been at this for a long time and I have learned that there are just some foods I have to keep out of the house for the most part...nuts and nut butters are the most difficult for me to handle. And second to this would be cheese.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Oh lawd.

Make a thread when you eat an entire extra large pizza in one sitting with donuts for dessert, or have Dairy Queen milkshakes 5 days in a row.
    I actually ate one whole pizza in one sitting, but not the donuts, or milkshakes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast