Thread: Pre-cooked bacon = great! page

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member

Pre-cooked bacon = great!

Shop Now
    I'd seen the big package of pre-cooked bacon at Costco for a long time, but always thought it was stupid. After all, nothing better than fresh-cooked, right? Well I bought one.

Changed. My. Life!

I still prefer cooking my own for breakfasts, but the pre-cooked has been so convenient for snacking, and for throwing in a salad - I use scissors to cut them up for that.

Along the convenience line, I also bought breakfast sausage in bulk and cooked up a mess of them in advance. I store them in foil and find that they are as good as fresh-cooked when nuked. I've even eaten them cold.

Before going primal, I never thought of meat as a snack - but now I do!

tumbleweed is offline Member
    Same. I doubt it 's really 'clean' bacon, but it's so convenient, it's worth the little bit of whatever chemicals are in there imo.

StarryEyedSarahJ is offline Junior Member
    I tend to buy the "good stuff" from the butcher, then make up a big batch so that we have extras for the week. Just throw it in some tupperware in the fridge and it's ready to go!
    Wag more, bark less.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    I echo StarryEyed. I've been buying a whole mess of bacon, par-cooking it on the stove, then just popping my daily breakfast portion in the toaster oven in the morning. By the time I get the rest of my breakfast made (and myself decently clothed) my bacon is beautifully crispy.

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Even my largest pan can't hold a whole package worth, and the pre pack is about 50 pieces or so. Plus I don't crowd the pan and use the slow method, so it's a lengthy procedure, not to mention messy.

starrchilde is offline Senior Member
    Completely OT, but... every time I see the term "pre-cooked bacon" I can't help but think of the Barenaked Ladies song, "If I Had a Million Dollars"

They have pre-wrapped sausages but they don't have pre-wrapped bacon.
    Well, can you blame 'em?
    Uh, yeah!
    ~ Chris

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didnít understand the assignment.

I told them they didnít understand life.
    ó John Lennon