Thread: Resources for Movement Quality page

Risto is offline Senior Member

Resources for Movement Quality

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone have any good resources to study exercise technique? Every book has short descriptions of how to do exercises, but I have yet to come across a book that teaches why moving certain way is good and other ways is bad.

dado Guest
    'starting strength' talks about things like that, it's pretty cool.

I actually have Starting Strength, but I haven't started reading it yet.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

TXfast is offline Junior Member
    While the Starting Strength book is good, I would HIGHLY recommend getting the DVD version of it. It is quiet simply the best video I have ever seen in regards to technique of the big barbell movements.
    Mark Rippetoe goes through each exercise with half a dozen different people of varying builds, strength levels, and even age levels. The exercises are filmed in a progression showing multiple angles and with warm up weights all the way through the heavy weights.

I have been in the fitness industry for over a decade and have been a personal trainer for 5 of them. The starting strength DVD is an absolute must have for anyone doing the major barbell lifts who wants to really understand the movement and get the most out of it.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    the diesel crew website is a good place to look. actually, their youtube page. YouTube - ‪smittydiesel's Channel‬‏

ExRx.net is another great one.

Quote Originally Posted by TXfast View Post
    While the Starting Strength book is good, I would HIGHLY recommend getting the DVD version of it. It is quiet simply the best video I have ever seen in regards to technique of the big barbell movements.
    Mark Rippetoe goes through each exercise with half a dozen different people of varying builds, strength levels, and even age levels. The exercises are filmed in a progression showing multiple angles and with warm up weights all the way through the heavy weights.

I have been in the fitness industry for over a decade and have been a personal trainer for 5 of them. The starting strength DVD is an absolute must have for anyone doing the major barbell lifts who wants to really understand the movement and get the most out of it.
    Thanks a lot for the recommendation! I watched it and I definitely enjoyed it. I recommend it to everyone else too!