Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carb Refeeds page

jens522 is offline Senior Member

Carb Refeeds

Primal Fuel
    I have been exercising more intensely recently and I have noticed the scale has gone up a couple of pounds. It could be my body retaining water. I am trying to drink more water, but also keep hearing/reading about carb refeeds. If you do this, please explain what you eat during them and how frequently you incorporate them into your diet.

Thanks!

TigerJ is offline Senior Member
    Jens522, probably muscle since you are doing deadlifts, squats, presses, and sprints. Don't worry about it or eating carbs either.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    If you suddenly ramped up your exercise out of nowhere, then yes, it could very easily be just water retention. I probably lose two pounds after my workout from the loss of water weight.

That being said, if you're truly interested in a carb refeed, I'm going to make a very large post very soon on it. I'll be undertaking a very heavy carb cycle after I get my blood drawn for labwork this week in a desperate attempt to cut those last few pounds of body fat standing between me and a six pack. If you can hold out a couple days, it will be a very lengthy, detailed post.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

I hope you're right, Tigerj. I don't see it when I look in the mirror, but who knows.

It wasn't suddenly out of nowhere, I've been working out w/weights and etc for around 3+ months, but recently doing it more intensely. I am interested in reading your post on the topic.

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    I do carb refeeds usually once a week but I may up the frequency a little more now that it's summer. Sweet potatoes are my favorite primal carb by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    I do carb refeeds usually once a week but I may up the frequency a little more now that it's summer. Sweet potatoes are my favorite primal carb by far.
    So do you eat the sweet potatoes after a workout? What's your carb intake you're aiming for on the refeed day?

TigerJ is offline Senior Member
    I think all the pics at Martin's leangains site pretty much prove carbs are not the enemy so many people around here think they are.

Especially for people moving some weight.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    I think all the pics at Martin's leangains site pretty much prove carbs are not the enemy so many people around here think they are.

Especially for people moving some weight.
    Yep. Some of those guys eat straight shit (in our standards) yet look awesome. I know there's no strong correlation between looks and health ( in lean people I mean) but it's obvious that you don't need a super squeaky clean diet for aesthetic purposes. For general health I do strongly think paleo/primal is the way to go.

Waskydiver is offline Senior Member
    I've considered refeeds... But I need to be honest with myself: The main reason these refeeds are so appealing to me is they would allow me to indulge in high carb foods.

BRING ON THE PANCAKES AND THE PASTA!!! IT'S REFEED DAY!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!!

I know this, because when I consider refeeding with a food I do not like. (For example, sweet potatoes... I HATE sweet potatoes), suddenly the appeal goes away and... well... thank you very much, but I do not really think I need a refeed.

So, if you are like me, and you are really contemplating adding in refeeds, I might suggest you try the refeeds with unappealing foods.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    I finished the post on carb refeeds just now. It's up for reading if anyone's interested.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread31459.html
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast