Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barefoot Running with Plantar faciitis? page 2

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Never mind, I spoke without thinking

have you gone here?

Plantar Fasciitis: From Causes to Treatment
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

bookstorecowboy is offline Senior Member
    I had a brief case of PF (not like yours, but certainly painful enough), and this device at least seemed to help: FootLog - The Ultimate Foot Massager

Jatango is offline Junior Member
    Sweet! Are there any particular resources I should be reading?

Nicator is offline Senior Member
    Stop running?

Sometimes the obvious fix is the right one. There are plenty of ways to strengthen your body without hurting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicator View Post
    Stop running?

Sometimes the obvious fix is the right one. There are plenty of ways to strengthen your body without hurting it.
    I actually tend to feel BETTER the day after an agility session with running. I literally am only running 2 minutes over an hours time at most.

Kyle46N is offline Senior Member
    I am also very flat footed. Been that way since I was a kid. My parents always had me in orthotics with "arch support" etc. In my twenties, I always made sure to have the best motion control shoe available. Regardless, I always had ankle or knee pain, and could only run 5 miles or less and usually had to give two to three days between runs to recover. I started running in Vibrams and other minimalist shoes last August. The knee pain was gone immediately for the first time in my life. That was directly attributed to no more heel striking. Makes sense, much less impact. Gradually my ankle and foot pain has gone also. I attribute that to allowing me feet to do what the do best, support. The muscles got stronger and the pain became less. I'm a nurse also, so I stand all day for 12 hour shifts 3-4 times a week. No pain from that anymore either. Along with Primal eating, minimalist footwear is one of the best things I have done for myself. I can run 5 days in a row if I want to now. Like people have already mentioned though. You have to stop heel striking when running. Watch some videos of pose or chi running on youtube, and imitate those styles. Practice at it. The results will be very much worth the effort.

dado Guest
    look, this plantar faciitis seems like one of those problems at aren't really problems. you just have to get strong and get tough, and it will take care of itself. walk barefoot on rocks, bleed from your feet, then your feet will become strong and you will no longer have to bother with this petty 'plantar faciitis'.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    look, this plantar faciitis seems like one of those problems at aren't really problems. you just have to get strong and get tough, and it will take care of itself. walk barefoot on rocks, bleed from your feet, then your feet will become strong and you will no longer have to bother with this petty 'plantar faciitis'.
    I don't know if I'd go so far as "petty," it freaking hurts! I think you are all right, it's just scary because it's improved so much since wearing the orthotics. I really love dog agility, and without it I'm a miserable person. I just don't want to get to the place where I CAN'T run because I'm being cavalier about my feet. Stupid feet. I'm going to try going around barefoot for an hour a day, no running and seeing what that does to my pain levels the next day. Maybe more scientific that way?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12