Thread: Oldest living diabetic eats pretty paleo.... page

jammies is offline Senior Member

Oldest living diabetic eats pretty paleo....

Primal Fuel
    Nice article about a man who has survived 85 years with type one diabetes that he developed when he was five. His description of how and what he eats is pretty darn paleo

The former University of Washington mechanical engineering professor says he's succeeded because he treats his body like a car and he only eats enough food to fuel the machine.

"To keep your diabetes under control you only eat the food you need to before you have activities to perform," Krause said. "I eat to keep me alive instead of eating all the time, or for pleasure."

He says he's not as active as he once was, so he doesn't need a lot of fuel – or variation in diet. For breakfast every day, he eats a bowl of nuts and five pitted prunes. He usually skips lunch and eats a salad with some lean meat for dinner.

Man Celebrates 85 Years Of Living With Diabetes

Thunderchild is offline Member
    I read this yesterday. Great article. Good advice also from someone who has actually done it LONG TERM!!!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if anyone has ever tried to sell him the whole grain, low fat thing and he refused? Or if in seeing his success they just leave him alone?