Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not losing weight page

Nukky is offline Junior Member

Not losing weight

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have been doing primal for 22 days almost a month an I have only lost 5lbs I am getting quite frustrated and a little hopeless. I feel that I should have lost a lot more wight, plus I am breast feeding which should be a bonus in the wight loss department @ the beginning I lost all craving for surfer wheat etc but it is slowly comming back. I have been having bread on weekends and I probably eat too many almonds and I dabbeled in some pretzels a few days but besides that I'm pretty much primal probably could pick up the excersize a notch walk about 30min every day have 3 month and a 2yr old, so I am constantly picking them up etc. And I'm 44yrs old. Just really feel like the wieght should be dropping off of me, frustrated !!!!!!!

Griff is offline Senior Member
    You are healing, which your body will prioritize over losing weight. Also, you are breastfeeding! Cut yourself a break and throw away the scale. The important thing is not how much you weigh, but how you feel. (Stop eating the bread, too. You're hamstringing yourself.)
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Silky is offline Senior Member
    5lb in 22 days is a great weight loss, especially considering that you are having bread, ptzels and lots of almonds!

Primal isn't about calories in vs calories out, it's about making changes to the hormonal functioning of your body by adjusting your diet.

You can carry on as you are and have a respectable weightloss of just under 2lb per week as that seems to be working ok for you, or you can do primal properly (drop the bread, pretzels and cut down on nuts) and see what that does for you. I doubt you can do primal + bread and have the weight fall off!
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the above, relax. If you stick to it, you will be getting healthier and losing is easier.

If you want to lose faster, you must cut the carbs.

Don't put pressure on yourself to exercise it off.

I lost 120 lb in a year sitting still.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    In addition to what's already been mentioned, keep in mind that for women in their 40s weight never 'just falls off.' The metabolism begins to slow from 40 onwards.

Moreover, everyone responds differently to nursing. I've known women who lost weight effortlessly when nursing and other who had difficulty losing anything until they'd finished nursing.

Given your menu, the amount you've lost is good!

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    If you're eating more protein now than you were before then your body is restoring your muscle mass, which adds weight. Likely you've lost more than 5lbs of fat, you just can't see that on the scale because of the added muscle. Too often people focus on weightloss and not fatloss. Try measuring your bod and tracking losses that way.

nocturnalmama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post
    In addition to what's already been mentioned, keep in mind that for women in their 40s weight never 'just falls off.' The metabolism begins to slow from 40 onwards.

Moreover, everyone responds differently to nursing. I've known women who lost weight effortlessly when nursing and other who had difficulty losing anything until they'd finished nursing.

Given your menu, the amount you've lost is good!
    +1
    Robin
    ~primal mama to 3~

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry about it. Making positive change to your diet is a good start!

When I started out a few weeks back I lost 4lbs with a few days, then nothing for about 2 weeks, I was stuck at that weight, but I felt good. As in really really good. My weight has gone down now, but just chill out and enjoy how good PB can make you feel, the weight loss will come.

Also, ditch the bread, you aren't doing yourself any favours.

cassel_man is offline Member
    Paleo isn't necessarily a weight loss diet. Calories still matter (despite what folks say). Sounds like you're eating at maintenance. You've lost some water weight initially (as most paleo dieters do), now comes the hard part, losing the fat. Building muscle is not easy for anybody, so it's not likely your lower-than-expected loss is due to "bulking" up.

Drain Bead is offline Senior Member
    I only lose about 5 pounds a month, but since January I've lost 4 inches off my waist, 3 off my hips, and 2 off my chest. I am a scale addict but I am slowly learning to not use it as the sole measure of my progress. I feel much better overall, and I am actually starting to look halfway decent. You're not going to see precipitous losses like you would if you were doing the starvation diets of Weight Watchers and the like, but then again, this one is much, much easier to maintain and much better for you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast