Thread: The Kid Needs His Ranch! page

The Kid Needs His Ranch!

Shop Now
    Today we were eating salads and my 8yo son ran out of his ranch dressing. condiments are the one thing that no matter how we are eating I have never made homemade. I would love to get away from the store bought stuff because it is loaded with all the bad crap.

I think the best place to start would be trying to find a replacement for my son's ranch since he eats a lot of it on his "big anus salads" as he calls them Does anyone have a recipe that would taste similar to what he is used to? I know it will be different because I am sure they load that store bought crap with msg and sugar along with the bad oil, but at least something close.

Thanks!

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I haven't tried it, but this site usually has good recipes: Link

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Introduce him to the wonders of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. He's only 8; he'll get over his love of ranch.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    just start with a mayo base, add some seasonings, done.

jacky001 is offline Junior Member
    The dedicated volunteers and staff of the Kids’ Ranch accomplish this mission by giving the children the lifelong gifts of literacy and unconditional caring. A recent government study reported that if a child does not learn to read by the 3rd grade, the chance of literacy is almost non-existent.

Statistics indicate that when illiterate children become adults they are severely at risk of being imprisoned, abusing drugs and alcohol, living in poverty, and being unable to perform basic tasks --- thus preventing them from securing meaningful employment. Stable, safe and strong communities need educated and self-reliant community members. The Kids' Ranch works closely with children, families, caring community volunteers, and school personnel to ensure that every effort is made to enable each child to reach his or her potential. Kids' Ranch kids experience an intense sense of caring and community from the Kids' Ranch staff and volunteers. Some children describe feeling this for the very first time!

Kyle46N is offline Senior Member
    Yogurt dressing! Bolthouse and Maries both make yogurt based dressings. Low in sugar and carbs.

BayouPrimal is offline Member
    We've made it by mixing full-fat plain yogurt with ranch seasoning. It works pretty good, but doesn't keep as long. Just make as much as you need to keep it fresh.
    My wife and I have our own humble food blog. Not 100% primal, but we try to keep it interesting.
    www.fatandflour.com

EvansMom is offline Senior Member
    I second the Bolthouse comment! I buy it for my kiddo and don't think twice. It has decent ingredients, and I am not gonna spend forever making something I don't eat anyways. If you make primal mayo as a base for the ranch, it only lasts for like 3 days in the fridge~! Not gonna whip up that and still turn it into ranch every 3 days. The Bolthouse is one of those "cold" dressings w/o preservatives. Tastes great my kid says. Many of thier dressings are sweetened w/o sugar too, only juices.

Thanks everyone

Jacky001, ummm spam much?