Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (FFG_Kev) NO NO DOMINOS!!!! page

FFG_Kev is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (FFG_Kev) NO NO DOMINOS!!!!

Shop Now
    I had a body stat taken at the gym tonight. Pretty shameful, hopefully this motivates me to keep to PB diet and exercise more consistently, so eventually I get back in shape.

Age 43, Height 171cm (5feet 7inches)
    Weight = 140.4kg (308lbs)
    Fat = 46.2% (64.9kg)
    Lean = 53.8% (75.5kg)
    Water = 38.9%
    Resting Metabolic rate = 2156kcal
    Avg Energy required = 3234kcal

My goal is to get down to 200lbs and stay there. My weight is more cyclic than the financial markets, The usual cycle is get too fat, train like crazy, eat like crazy, lose weight, stop training through injury or boredom, keep eating, grow bigger.

I gave up the booze last August, I was briefly in my halls beer drinking team at Sheffield University, learning to neck a pint in 3 seconds didn't really help my waistline. Giving up the devils Dominos Pizza has proven much much harder than alcohol. So far I'm 11 days in, Jonesing, and still amazed DA does not exist.

I've been trying to eat primal for 9 days now. Figured I'd start a journal now that I 'm beginning to know my way around PB.
    Kev.

Primal Food Intake Today:

B: 3 thick slices of roast gammon joint, 3 tomatoes, lettuce (left overs from last nights dinner)

S: Green Apple

L: Crayfish and advacado Salad with lettuce

S: Green Apple

D: 3 small haddock fillets with carrots, asparagus, and brocolli

2. Exercise routine

Walking to work and lunch time stroll - 45 mins

Gym PT session. 10 minute rowing intervals (1 minute fast, 1 min slower), running/walking intervals on treadmill (10 mins), press ups, kettlebell step ups, squats with kettlebell swung above head, alternate side arm lifts, medicine ball catching then clean and press. (50 minutes).

Kev.

B: 2 small haddock fillets, tomato

S: Fasting

L: Fasting

S: Fasting

D: chicken stew with carrots, parsnips, turnip and swede.

2. Exercise routine

Walking to work and back - 40 mins

3. Fasting wasn't so bad today. Its been 12 hours almost without food now and I haven't got the stomach ache and hunger pangs I usually get at all.
    Kev.

B: 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 tomato.

L: 5 hard boiled eggs and 3 tomatos, had to have a coffee about 1pm as I was nodding off at my desk, as usual.

D: Was bad boy and had a takeaway, tried to keep it primal though as it was just meat, tandori mixed grill and murgh masala (lamb mince with chicken in spices), mmmmm. Perped me up a bit. I was feeling crap after a worse than usual day at work, also had massive gut ache, sweating, shakes and nausea on the tube and when I got to the gym. Felt worse waiting for my PT to arrive, so I wussed out and rearranged training for Saturday at 1.45pm. She was happy as she got to work out herself instead.

Not sure why I feel so low or why my guts are killing me so much today. I only ate some eggs and tomatoes, all of which were fresh.

Oh well, guess I'll pick myself up tomorrow and carry on.

2. Exercise routine

Walking to work and back - 40 mins
    Kev.

Took the day off work today, didnt get up properly until after 11am, apart from my usual diabetic wake up call three times a night....

I'm certain that I don't get enough sleep. I get up at 5am for work and rarely go to bed before 11pm.

I am feeling more energetic thanks to all the meat and animal fat, but its hard to tell with the virus I have at the moment.

I seem to be fighting it off, and am not using any cough or cold medication after reading chapter 2.

I suppose I am only one and a half weeks into PB so my immune system hasn't recovered from a life long wheat overload yet. Hopefully it will.

For Breakfast today (more like early lunch) I had last nights leftover tandori meat, 4 tomatos, lettuce, carrots and raddish.

Did the grocery shopping too and got lots of fatty beef, steaks, pork, gammon, chicken, and fish. With some veg.

My kids and wife aren't eating primal yet. Hopefully when I lose some weight and get a bit healthier they will join me. My other plan is to let my twelve year old smartarse daughter read PB and let her convert the rest, since she is pretty much big sister (although technically the middle child). She loves history and science so I think she'll like PB and it will make sense to her.
    Kev.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Love the idea of getting your 12 year old involved! If you haven't seen successes yourself yet, you will soon!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Thanks so much belinda. Cool that we both live in 'London' too, although 3662 miles apart

L: chicken stew leftovers

D: pork sausages and plum tomatoes

Will exercise tomorrow, still feeling rough. Drinking lots of water and napping, starting to feel better now.

B: Left over sausages and scrambled eggs fried in butter

D: Steak and tomatoes fried in butter with mixed veg.

This is the first time I've eaten butter, everything tasted so much better.
    Kev.

Cannot think what to eat today so I suppose I am fasting, out of laziness and lack of imagination

But we do have 3 chickens for dinner, between 5 of us.

I did think the kids and mum were starting to go more primal after last nights steak, until they heard the cursed ice cream van. I'm avoiding the front room until they finish.

Feeling better today so hitting the gym at 3pm for some treadmill, rowing, bike sprints, pull ups, chin ups and press ups. Hopefully all the animal fat I have scoffed lately will give me some energy.
    Kev.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast