meatza with mushroom and swiss cheese

E.Allen is offline Junior Member
    Om Noms of jun 7:
    steak
    eggs with seaweed :P
    mushrooms
    cheese
    a lot of blue berries

On the 6th, I decided that I want to be able to do a free handstand by the end of the month. Me arms are sore, but I've already made quite a bit of progress!

oi, I haven't updated this in a while.
    On that note, I'll just write the unprimal things I've had since my last update.
    Watermelon, clam chowder (thickened with constarch, with chopped potatoes), a chocolate truffle (it tasted like sugary crap)
    Currently enjoying some chococoffee.
    Does anyone else get serious gum problems when they eat something sugary? When I had that chocolate truffle and the over sweet watermelon, within 24 hours, my gums were burning and peeling a little. Or maybe I'm just confusing correlation with causation.
    In other news, still working on handstands. I might do the plyos and yoga portions of the p90x stuff.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bleh.

Currently doing some work at a place with too much down time. I help some kids for a few hours, and then I have nearly five hours of nothing to do. Can't run around- it's too hot outside, too difficult to get outside, and there's too many people for me to be running around like a five year old indoors. After the five hours of forced low energy, I just want to sleep.

I had a similar situation happen to me before. It was what I call the week from hell. This was the week that threw me off my primal lifestyle after having followed it for 3 or so months. My family got the idea that we should go on a road trip to Florida, but we would lengthen it by going up through Oklahoma first (I live in SE Texas) . The trip would take nearly the whole week. On the first day, I was very carsick and was kept essentially confined. I had at most, 1 hour of any sort of activity. For the rest of the time, I was asleep, or trying to sleep through my carsickness. This continued through out the whole trip. In addition to my confinement, I also was given a very poor selection of food. We ate breakfast at the hotels, and of course, hotel food was made according to cheap ingredients and the price was set by common wisdom. I got to choose from pastries and something that may or may not have once been eggs. By the end of the week, I was back to my old, bad eating habits.
    Just thinking about that trip makes me barf
    Anyway, I don't want to repeat that. At least I'm not carsick in this situation.
    So, since I have quite a bit more control over my situation than last time, I ought to stop making excuses and shape up.

So for exercise, I have been doing handstands, well that was really more of a fun thing, and hardly counts for exercise (though my shoulders have improved :])
    Last week I tried the p90x plyos. I nearly barfed 30 minutes into the thing. Drink less water next time.
    I really just want to build muscle. I'm starting to get the sense that my body refuses to go below 120 (well, it'd take some kicking screaming and anorexia). So if I'm going to try and get around this, I need to replace that fat with muscle so I can look leaner while keeping my genes happy with a 120 weight. I need to build muscle. I need to get my metabolism up.

For this to work, I want some fast and efficient exercises. I am easily distracted. I can't workout for the length of a whole p90x video. At best, I might be able to finish the 15 minute ab ripper workout.
    I hate sprints. Sorry. But I won't mind an epic game of freeze tag. This goes back to being distracted.

I'm not worried about diet at the moment. I've been doing a good job with that. I just need to start putting on the muscle and start getting rid of the fat.

I'll need to stop the handstands for a bit. My right wrist wants to fall off.

In other news, I inspected my year old flip flops so I could get a sense of my walking habits.
    I tend to place nearly all my weight on the balls of my feet, but I don't walk so hard that the thin piece of foam that serves as the sole wears down to nothing. In my opinion, my walking is better than most. If I remember correctly, Mark mentioned that keeping your weight primarily on the balls of your feet is for walking quietly and stalking prey. Am I a natural... stalker?

In even more unrelated news, I wonder... Am I just shy, or do I simply don't know how to talk to other people. I think its the latter. Most of the time, I have nothing to say to people unless I get into a big health/political/economic/philosophical/scientific discussion with someone. And what is this Jerry Springer show that my peers keep talking about? But sometimes I worry that by not socializing with my classmates, I will make myself dumber. Talking with others requires you to think on the spot, and this is something I've been getting progressively worse at.

This might just turn into a general journal, not just a health one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12