Almonds.
    Avocado.
    Bacon.

-----
    Cheese.
    Pork salami.
    Olives.

I had to add those three.
    Last edited by PBNewby; 02-09-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Croak is offline Senior Member
    The seven I've been living on for the last year or so:

Eggs
    Pork
    Beef
    Broccoli
    Mushrooms
    Dairy (Cheddar cheese, heavy cream, butter, kefir)
    Coconut products (oil, milk, cream)

There's a few occasional fruit additions (like once a month, maybe):
    Blueberries
    Strawberries

As for beverages:
    Coffee daily
    Teas several times a week
    Monthly ration of bourbon

All of the above provide plenty of variety to my diet with the various cuts and preparations, I still look forward to meal times, never have cravings, and keeping it simple is a big reason I think this WOE is working out so well for me. Pretty much stay under 50g carbs (hell, most days I stay under 10, and would be damn near zero without the coconut milk or mushrooms)

I should also mention that I've lost 96 pounds since November 2011 using my variation on the Primal Blueprint, and my only real increase in activity since I started is adding about five miles a week of brisk walking to and from work and a once-a-week pushup session (up to 100 reps per session now). Just went out today and bought new medium underwear and a couple pairs of size 34 jeans, which is a big deal for me since I started at size XL underbritches and size 42 (regular fit) jeans. Could probably "suck it in" and wiggle into a set of relaxed fit 32's. The last time I was this light (or wearing 34's) was right after I got out of the Marine Corps in '87.

Resting heart rate has dropped from 85+ to 55-58. Pre-diabetic bloodwork is now showing healthy, as are cholesterol levels. Discovered I have a libido again (need to do something about that!). Sleep a solid eight hours and feel good in the mornings. Various joint pains have abated, can't remember the last time I had a headache. And my savings in toilet tissue is substantial!

All from seven foods (or the lack of the other gazillion).

lauraagnes is offline Junior Member
    Lamb
    Salmon
    Eggs
    Olives
    Rocket/greens
    Kale
    Olive oil.

Okay, now I'm hungry!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Yogurt
    Minced beef
    Lemon
    Some kind of fruit (nectarines atm)
    Rice
    Eggs
    Honey

And Coffee (with ff milk )

But I've given up all these foods at one point or another... except Lemon!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    Sorry for the de-rail, but since you asked.

Many people consider themselves onion-allergic. I'm on a Yahoogroup mailing list called onion allergy and we whine about onions every day. I don't think it is technically an allergy. It's more like an intolerance, like being poisoned.

The compound that makes onions smell and taste like they do is called a sulphur analog. This is a strong smelling, unstable, and powerful organic compound with an oxygen atom substituted by a sulphur atom. Sulphur is just below oxygen in the periodic table.

Other sulphur analogs include skunt scent, mustard gas, rotten eggs, and that stuff they mix into natural gas to make it stink for safety reasons.

I'm not making this up!

For onion-intolerant people, onions are just another nausea-inducing poison, like the above. I have no idea why some people react to them and some people can eat them.

I totally hear you on this. I CANNOT even be near onions. If someone is cutting them or cooking with them I need to leave the building, if my husband eats them I get a headache, if someone mows their grass and it contains wild onions and I drive by
    I get a horrendous headache immediately. If I mistakenly eat one oh boy! Last time I woke up in the middle of the night vomiting in my sleep, the stomach pains were debilitating, and "other issues" kept me close to the bathroom for three days. Onions are in everything! I used to be regularly poisoned by them, several trips to the emergency room etc.. until I finally figured out that it was onions causing my lifelong misery. So yes I agree banish onions!

Sorry for continuing the derail. I never knew others were afflicted by onions too.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    If health matters:

Eggs
    Liver
    Raw milk
    Raw cheese
    bananas
    brussels sprouts
    butter

If health didn't matter:
    Eggs
    bacon
    chocolate
    ice cream
    steak
    raw cheese
    butter
    well then

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    1.- Eggs.
    2.- Salmon (wild, even if it isn't very pink).
    3.- Double-cream.
    4.- Mazovian pate (offal and fat blended into pate with some veg). If composite foods aren't allowed, I'd love to go for rendered lard/tallow, but liver may be healthier...
    5.- Apples.
    6.- Spinach.
    7.- Sweet tater.

In order of preference.
    Last edited by Kochin; 02-10-2013 at 06:58 AM.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    oops!
    Last edited by PBNewby; 02-10-2013 at 08:44 AM. Reason: didn't quite get the original intent of the thread...my bad.

ciep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    1. Eggs
    2. Fish
    3. Bison
    4. Macadamia nuts
    5. Blue berries
    6. Potatoes
    7. Butter

I guess if I had to choose seven foods for the rest of my life, it'd be those, but there'd be a lot I'd miss.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast