Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Sport? page 5

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog6015 View Post
    And car racing should be thrown in there too. Team sport all the way and it requires physical fitness for the driver. It's not fat guys turning left contrary to popular belief.
    Lies!
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    You guys remember the IFL, or what I've been seeing now - the World Series of Boxing. Quite a way to put a team concept there.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Since you discounted fighting (mma athletes are probably the most good all around athletes out there), I'd have to say the Highland games. Or, if I must pick a team sport then... Rugby. It's like team-based mma with a ball.
    After much deliberation, I'm going to give you some credit here. Lacrosse followed by rugby. I place martial arts in the category with Olympics and Highlander games...which are cool. I like the exhibition aspect of these events.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-04-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    That's hilarious. I've been criticized as not knowing how to fight, never playing a common sport (basketball I believe), and now you think I've never accomplished anything in sport.
    Yep.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    Yep.
    Hahah, ok 'Coach'

periquin is offline Senior Member
    football??: More people suffer serious injuries and even die from organized football from PeeWee through the pros than from accidents with guns. This from the CDC. Professional football players have an average life span in the mid fifties. How can something that ruins and destroys life be considered good?

Also, football is a combat based sport if there ever was one.

My vote is for full contact, deep water, synchronized swimming style volley ball with no posted rules.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

periquin is offline Senior Member
    I am trying something new. I recently bought two kettlebells and I work out with them about 20 minutes a day in competition with my cousin who lives nearby. So far, all events ended in a tie. zero- zero.

We are trying to move them across my yard by telekinesis. Sometimes we actually sweat. Thank goodness my wife is nearby to help us to stay hydrated.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

denbro01 is offline Senior Member
    So why are individual sports not sports?
    I'm confused.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    To me, the ultimate has always been motocross.

It's hard cardio, an individual sport, the best riders really stand out, and it's not a concussion contest. People who make it to the top and stay there are remarkable athletes. Plus, there is nothing in sport like nailing a 90-ft tabletop, turning around, and doing it again. (I guess there are a lot of other fun things like skydiving and jumping on skis, but moto is a better workout!)

I spent 10 years following the pros as a photojournalist and had a blast.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Hahah, ok 'Coach'
    Forgive me if I don't take the opinion of someone who clearly has no concept of what a sport is. I coach MMA athletes and I can assure you that the skill, strength, power, speed, agility, technique and tactics required to compete at a high level certainly classify it as a sport.

Your comments regarding fighting are just plain ignorant.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast