Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Sport? page 2

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm putting my vote in for underwater basket weaving

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Best sport? Depends on your goals. I love contact, so contact sports are my thing: Football; basketball - I like setting picks; Martial arts (yes, boxing and wrestling are clumped here). I also like volleyball - nothing like spiking ball in place (maybe face ).

labbygail is offline Senior Member
    The ultimate sport is obviously Ultimate Frisbee--duh! Lol

yoder is offline Member
    Aussie Rules Football

wiltondeportes Guest
    I thought you guys were smarter than this?

Fighting sports? Yes I've done it. I was a good wrestler back in the day, and I actually want to learn some martial arts now. That has nothing to do with sporting though. I don't think of it as a sport because what you can do in the sport is so far different from an actual fight, it's absurd. They can be entertaining for a night. With that said, I base my enjoyment of a sport off participation, not watching someone. I don't go around picking fights with everyone because I can fight. How does that make fighting a sport?

Sports are played for fun. It should be something you could play for 20 years and not be fucked up in the head. Yes, Velocity, lacrosse is a game of athletes. Look, I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert at the sport. I think you need greater hand-eye coordination in lacrosse than football or basketball. There's team strategy which makes it better than any individual sport in my opinion. You need speed, strength, vision, strategy or outflanking, passing or teamwork, and great hand-eye coordination.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    Best sport? Depends on your goals. I love contact, so contact sports are my thing: Football; basketball - I like setting picks; Martial arts (yes, boxing and wrestling are clumped here). I also like volleyball - nothing like spiking ball in place (maybe face ).
    I love sand volleyball.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Gotta go with mudball. While it is te chnically soccer, it only loosely qualifies. Full contact soccer, played on a dirt field in the middle of a storm. The ball picks up enough mud to weigh 5 lb, cleats pick up enough mud to weigh 7 lb apiece. Ref looks the other way as long as hands don't touch the ball and nobody's injured. It becomes a cross between soccer,mud wrestling, and rugby.
    I think I've played that before....

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Look, I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert at the sport. I think you need greater hand-eye coordination in lacrosse than football or basketball. There's team strategy which makes it better than any individual sport in my opinion. You need speed, strength, vision, strategy or outflanking, passing or teamwork, and great hand-eye coordination.
    Have you played basketball or football at any sort of competitive level? Because you're describing required attributes for both those sports.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Well, in Judo we talk about Randori being play time. You're supposed to have fun. Boxing can be fun as long as the pace is kept at a good medium. Bruce Lee would be quoted, saying sparring was a fun game, played seriously.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    Have you played basketball or football at any sort of competitive level? Because you're describing required attributes for both those sports.
    Yes, I have. Basketball is putting a ball through a hoop. How hard is that?

Lacrosse is using a stick to throw a ball into a net guarded by a goalie while people have the opportunity to hit you.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast