Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wendy's June Challenge page 2

wendyland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I thought of something while I was in the shower this morning. (hmm.. why do I think so much better when naked?)

Anyway, I thought I should list my ailments before they go away and I forget that I ever had them. I'm trying to think of even the small things that bother me, so I can go to my doctors in the future and tell them all of the awesome things that happened to me by going primal.

My ailments:
    Aquagenic pruritus - I'll be totally shocked and amazed if this goes away
    chronic yeast infections
    dandruff - already almost gone
    plantars faciitis - 50% better so far
    pimples - usually only during certain times of the month
    minor rosacea
    trouble falling asleep at night
    mild depression - although it has been better since I've been taking CLO for months
    dizziness, especially when bending over or laying on my stomach
    short temper and feeling overwhelmed by life
    low energy
    slight ringing in ears - I think this one is due to candida problems
    I get every cold or illness that my kids get. I had constant colds over the winter.
    Sometimes I wake up with reflux - haven't had this all week

Today at noon, it will be one week. yeah!!! I'm so proud. It really hasn't been that hard. I feel like I'm riding a bike for the first time. 'I'm doing it, I'm doing it!' Now, It's just a matter of keeping my balance.

I'm down about 6 lbs. water weight, but still exciting. I barely made it over 1200 calories yesterday, but I felt satisfied. I don't think I'll log my calories as often now. maybe once in a while just to see where I am with carbs/calories/fat.

I'm anxious to see how I feel at the end of the month. I've been without sugar for 7 days, but never quit grains or dairy.

I made it through my lunch at the Olive Garden today with my dad and step-mom. I haven't been there in several years. It was ok. I had salad w/o croutons and soup. It was the only soup without pasta in it, but it did have potatoes and who knows what secret ingredient. I'm happy that I passed up bread sticks. Yeah!

It might be my imagination, but I swear these pants feel looser. I just washed them, so they're usually tight when I put them on. They didn't feel as tight. I can't believe they'd be loose already.

I'm heading to Trader Joes this afternoon. I'm not crazy about their jerky, but I might pick some up for emergency situations. Tomorrow will be my first day back in the office since starting primal. We usually go to lunch on Tuesdays. I need to come up with a suggestion before tomorrow.

I had a good afternoon yesterday. My foot pain was a little worse in the evening. I just went to Applebees with my coworkers. I got the ceasar salad and french onion soup. It's been years since I've had that soup. I forgot that it has bread in it. Oh well. I'll make sure I have a good dinner.

I was worried about breakfast this morning. I usually hit McDonalds on the way into work. Instead, I had fresh raspberries, some pecans, and some turkey. It was a weird breakfast, but satisfying.

I was pretty tired today. We had an earthquake last night. The sonic boom woke me up and then I heard stuff rattling and realized what was going on. It was around 3 am. I got up and make sure my daughter was ok, even though it was barely a rattle. The cats must have thought it was time to get up because they bugged me the rest of the night. I'm going to try to get to bed soon. I haven't been doing a good job of getting to sleep early.

I don't know if it was because I was tired, but I felt like I wanted something carby all day. I had a piece of dark chocolate. It was good, but I still wanted something. I ended up eating half an apple with sea salt and a few strawberries. That did the trick.

I made a really satisfying BAS. It had lettuce, tomoatoes, onions, cilantro, bacon and an avocado mayo dressing. I'm not a big salad eater, but I ate a huge bowl. I need to buy more bacon tomorrow. Or maybe I'll try it with taco meat.

Still doing good. Taking a few days off the computer to enjoy nature and stuff. I had rice today, but otherwise sticking to plan well.

Back from our trip. I seriously didn't plan very well. I didn't bring enough food for myself and ended up eating a couple cheeseburgers with bun and a candy bar. I also had a small tortilla and some mini pizzas today. I didn't go hog wild on the carbs, but I definitely strayed a bit. Next time we go to the cabin, I'm going to plan better.
    Back to primal eating tomorrow.

Been doing better this week, but not squeaky clean. I had 1/2 cup of rice and some salt water taffy today. Fortunately, the taffy is all gone. Still having cravings, but not as bad. I came in around 90 carbs today and about 1400 calories. I want to get those carbs back down to 50 - 70 and see how I feel.

B: 3 pork sausages and 1 egg
    L: chicken tikka masala & 1/2 cup rice
    S: protein shake w/ frozen strawberries & almond butter
    D: BA taco salad - I could have ate the whole pound of taco meat. It was so good.
    S: kiwi, salt water taffy

Last two days have been great. I've been able to talk myself out of foods that I wanted (like general tso's chicken). I had a really hard time talking myself out of cravings before eating primal. I only had about 50 carbs yesterday, but I felt like I ate so much. I made a chuck roast for lunch and ate a few raw veggies. I made spaghetti squash with a tomato meat sauce. It felt like cheating, it was soooo good. I've been dreaming about tomorrow so that I can eat some more.

Wish I could get some sleep. I couldn't fall asleep until 12:30, then a storm woke me up at 2:30. It's 5 and still loud. At least my husband and kids are gone and I can sleep in.

Day 22 almost done. I can't believe I've made it this long. It's getting easier and easier. Barely feels like I'm on a "diet". I guess diet = hunger in my mind. I get a little hungry in the afternoon, but it's not panic (I need to stuff my face NOW) hunger. Today I took a nap instead of eating when I was a little hungry. Then, I ate dinner when I woke up.

I just had my first apple since starting primal. Whoa! I didn't realize there were so many carbs in an apple. I had some Trader Joe's almond butter with roasted flax. It's soooo good.

B: 3 sausage, 1 egg, 1 tomato
    L: pork chop w/ milk gravy and a salad, dark chocolate
    D: spaghetti squash w/ tomato meat sauce
    S: apple w/ almond butter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast