Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Brothers! page

mobious74 Guest

Primal Fuel

I Grok! Or at least I'm starting to. First post for a guy attempting to go primal! Hopefully there are some out there that get the water brothers reference, hopefully I'm not the only geek/nerd in here trying to affect a lifestyle change

Anywho,

My name is Brian, I live in SoCal and I'm starting the process to go from a lazy/fat american to a grok worthy life!

I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and this is my next step..diet...

I'll work on exercise in a few weeks...1 step at a time.

I've been trolling the threads for a couple of days and hoping to get in on the sense of community here because I'm sure I'll need some encouragement!

Keep smiling

Brian

"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Wow, congrats on quiting smoking! That in itself is a HUGE acheivement that you should be very proud of.

Also, welcome!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Hey mobious! Are you as one-sided as your name implies???

FYI, I felt like it was easier to just go cold turkey with the diet thing. Just DO IT. All at once.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

ChristopherPlank Guest

Hi Brian!

You're the first person I've seen on the forum make a reference to Stranger in a Strange Land. When I first started reading MDA, I wondered if "Grok" was a reference to the book (one of my all-time favorites).

What part of SoCal do you live in? I'm in Glendale (L.A. area).

Good job on giving up the cigarettes, btw!

Tarlach is offline Member

Good to see some Heinlein fans!

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

dixonge is offline Junior Member

I was reading Heinlein at age 12, way before I understood half of what he was writing...

glorth2 is offline Senior Member

Two words: grass-fed.

twa2w is offline Senior Member

congrats on the smoking cessation. Next step, get rid of the sugars and refined carbs, then start exercising. If that is all you do you will be 70% there in terms of turning your health around.

Then give up the grains and dairy and you are likely 85% there. Don't beat yourself up if you slip a little. Its tough in this world to be totally different than most other people. If you give in to a slice of Pizza when you are out, no biggy. A little hormesis is likely good for you.

Cheers

mobious74 Guest

Thanks for the encouragement! I'll keep things going strong!

mobious74 Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

and btw...Plank...I'm in San Diego! bout 125 miles from ya. I'm up in West Covina once in a while for work. I'm actually thinking about putting a meetup group together for PBer's in San Diego as well...would love to make a play day and do somg tag, ultimate, sack races...heh...who knows!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast