Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Parity Farm Ghee 100% Grass-Fed? page 4

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    i had my first taste of it store bought...then i made my own from kerrygold and it got lightly carmelized and it was amazing....will never pay store prices again for what can be made so much better at home for less

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    So easy to make your own.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

DJ MCT is offline Junior Member
    Was there any answer to this question? I live in Japan, and this is the only available brand that I have found.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ MCT View Post
    Was there any answer to this question? I live in Japan, and this is the only available brand that I have found.
    If you click on the link, it says it is made with butter from pastured cows. It does not say from 100% grass fed but I would not stress too much.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Tammy is offline Junior Member

Purity Farms 100% grassfed

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with this ghee: Purity Farm Ghee, Clarified Butter, 13-Ounce: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

It's new on Amazon it looks like. The price is unbeatable. I think I may by some. Its organic and it says it comes from pastured cows. Does anyone know if its 100% grass-fed?!

If some can clarify that it is then I am immediately purchasing!!
    It is not 100% grassfed. they feed grain also. i received an email from them

Tammy is offline Junior Member
    i sent them an email. this is their response in part:
    CROPP Cooperative's farms are pasture-based. Pasture-raised™ animals receive a significant portion of their nutrition from organically managed pasture and stored dried forages. Unlike 100% grass-fed cows, pasture-raised™ cows may receive supplemental organic grains, both during the grazing season and into winter months. Our co-op wide pasture requirements specify that all cows must have a minimum of 120 days on pasture during the grazing season, and they must have outdoor access to pasture year-round. They may be brought indoors because of severe weather and for the daily milking.

Supplemental organic grains can include any of the following: corn, soy, oats, barley, triticale and other small grains. Animals also receive necessary mineral supplements that sometimes include non-iodized salt.

Primal Woofer is offline Junior Member
    Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with this ghee: Purity Farm Ghee, Clarified Butter, 13-Ounce: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

It's new on Amazon it looks like. The price is unbeatable. I think I may by some. Its organic and it says it comes from pastured cows. Does anyone know if its 100% grass-fed?!

If some can clarify that it is then I am immediately purchasing!!

Toad,
    The ghee is primarily grassfed BUT per the web site

[B][B][B][I]"What is pasture-raised?
    Pasture Raised with Love! In a way cows are like kids – the more time outside the better. Our farmers send their cows out into lush, organic pastures for fresh air, exercise and grazing (weather permitting of course). Our Pasture-Raised™ animals receive the majority of their nutrition from organically managed pastures and stored dried grasses/forages. To ensure they get the complete nutrition they need, our cows may also be fed supplemental organic grains, both during the grazing season and into winter months.

Supplemental organic grains can include any of the following: corn, soy, oats, barley, triticale and other small grains. Animals also receive necessary mineral supplements that sometimes include non-iodized salt."

So in a nutshell it is not 100% grass fed and grass finished....grains are used
    Last edited by Primal Woofer; 01-05-2015 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spelling error

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234