Thread: Is this too much cardio? page

Silky is offline Senior Member

Is this too much cardio?

About twice a week I cycle approx 20 miles. It takes me 2 hours so I'm only going 10mph which is sloooow! I have an adrenal problem so I can't push it, so I take a couple of minutes break every 4 miles or so and make sure I'm not getting out of breath. It's reasonably flat where i live too. I really enjoy my long slow cycle rides. I feel great afterwards so i don't think I'm over doing it, but just wanted to check.

I'd like to go up to 3 times a week eventually.

Other exercise: I also walk to and from the train station each weekday, which is 25 mins each way, but i don't really think of that as a work out.

I've not starts sprints yet as don't want to stress my adrenals at moment. Have started doing the bodyweight exercises in primal fitness (am v. feeble!)
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are moving slowly rather than getting into chronic cardio territory. If you can still talk while cycling then you're not overdoing it
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great thanks. Yes I can talk as I cycle. I'll keep on with it then
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.