Thread: Minor hurrah (blood glucose testing) page

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

Primal Fuel

Since this is National Diabetes Month, more than one local store was offering free glucose testing. I had two done three days apart at different locations: 79 mg/dL (three hours after eating) and 82 mg/dL (18 hours after eating, 4 hours after working out). Yeehah!

Also, whatever else 5+ months of ZC might be doing, it certainly isn't giving me high blood pressure (122/78 this morning, and she said it might be elevated because she had to pump twice and constrict it really tight).

I have one more opportunity this month at another location, and since they were offering A1C's as well, I'll ask them to do it this time anyway even though I'm not registering as diabetic. The results may be skewed by their 'instant results' as opposed to 'real lab tests', but at this point it's still just for curiosity's sake.

Hm, another test, disregard

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

122/78 is high BP???

BP can vary tremendously one minute to another. I have one of those automatic cuffs. I can run it, get the results. Run it again, perhaps 20 pounds difference on the systolic. Run it again, same. Run it again, back to the origianl. All while sitting for a long time before doing.

BP will vary with caffeine consumption, or even more variable, your hydration.

OTB: Yeah, apparently anything over 120 systolic or 80 diastolic is now considered "high". I of course wasn't worried in the least, for all the variability reasons you give

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

We have this strange mindset about numbers. 119 is OK, but 120 is not? On something highly variable? Gimme a break.

It's like total cholesterol. 198 is fine but 201 and you get statinized.

It's like drinking -- on your birthday, you become magically wise and physically capable of harmlessly metabolizing alcohol!

As happened with Low Carb Friends, I can sense it's time for me to move on. Unfortunately like so many other websites, I don't see a way to delete my account here, so I'm just setting the password to a random string. Take care everyone, and remember: "If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!"

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Frogfarm. Nice glucose numbers.

And, don't go. Why are you going? Not because of OTB?? Don't leave because of that!

P.S. OTB. Quit picking!

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Ooops. I might be misunderstanding Frogfarm's departure. Was it lack of response?

Acmebike is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Weird, don't think OTB did any picking here. Must've been something else. No need to pull the plug, Frogfarm. Hang around, you have good info/comments to share (and have in the past)