Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inversion tables page

denbro01 is offline Senior Member

inversion tables

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they beneficial or just a waste of money and space?

I'm 6'4" with most of my length in my torso. I work standing up all day. So lots of compression on my lumbar spine.

Thanks
    D

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    A good friend of mine, also tall, had back problems, then surgery, and has used one for a few years---he loves it. I tried it and like it, too. You do need to use something to protect the ankles when you have a lot of weight pulling down. My friend uses some ankle high sheepskin house slippers.

bokbadok is offline Senior Member
    My massage therapist used to put me on "the rack" as she called it. It helped straighten my pelvis so that my legs were both the same length. I wish I had one.
    42 yo female; 5'8"
    Oct 2009: 205 lbs
    Dec 2010: 167 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
    Goal weight: 145 lbs

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    IME, I much prefer yoga wall ropes to an inversion table. http://www.embodyyogatherapy.com/wp-...oga-wall-1.jpg

For me the difference was hanging directly from my sacrum (yoga wall ropes) vs. hanging from my feet (inversion table.) I hung on the ropes at a yoga studio over a period of 6 months (while I attended there--would love to get back to a place that has them!) and have used an inversion table at my parent's house for years. During the 6 months of lots of yoga practice along with inverting on the ropes, I actually gained half an inch (at age 25--after stopping growing at age 16) which I just found fascinating. I believe the 'growth' had to do with the benefits of yoga and inverting for the discs between my vertebrae (squeezing, soaking, decompressing) along with improved posture from my practice in general. (I've kept that 1/2 inch with my continual yoga practice, btw.)

OTOH, when using the inversion table at my parents' place, it feels uncomfortable in my hips, almost like there is a pulling there, which I never felt on the wall ropes. I just really really felt the benefits of hanging from the wall ropes throughout my spine, whereas from my feet there are uncomfortable pulls here and there.

HTH! I would try both if at all possible before making any sort of purchase!! And I certainly do believe in the benefits of inverting as a healthy practice for your spine/body. I think you can get similar benefits from various physical practices including yoga. But there is certainly something very special about hanging upside down from the ropes on the wall.
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

I do practice yoga and have used the "swings". I love them!! Not something I want to install in the house though. Hmmm, on second thought, maybe in the garage! ; )

Cool! I would try out an inversion table when/where you get the chance and see what feels best to you!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

So I was cutting through a parking lot yesterday on the way to REI and there was a Play it Again Sports, and sitting out front were two inversion tables. Try them out, and liked one over the other. They were having a 25% sale for the holiday weekend, so I picked one up for $100!! Pretty stoked! I've been upside now now a few times and loving it!!

Yay! Sounds like it was meant to be!

Enjoy!
    My Before/After Pics

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I have an inversion table and I use it daily. I had sciatica and using it several times a day is what helped my back heal. These days, I'm only on it once or twice as permanent maintenance. While I'm inverted I also do inverted squats and inverted situps as part of my workouts. I'd recommend one to anyone that's got a backbone.

vance99 is offline Junior Member

Reply:

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nice post. I have been having an inversion table since a long time and must say it has helped me as well. I had issues with my neck and back. And slowly slowly i am getting better and better.
    inversion tables

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast