Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cocoa Almond Butter Fudge Cups page

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member

Cocoa Almond Butter Fudge Cups

Primal Fuel
    Ok, I know there's been talk lately about too many dessert recipes being posted here but this I gotta share. Months ago I saw the recipe for these in one of those free evening "newspapers" that people hand out during rush hour. I saved the "newspaper" because I wanted to try out the recipe and I finally did. (Scroll down for recipe)

Stealing Superbowl | Sexy Food Therapy | Toronto Nutritionist

Unfortunately, they didn't really turn into "cups" for me. I used honey instead of maple syrup (because I was out of maple syrup) and the light Thai Kitchen coconut milk which I had accidentally bought. The light milk remains a homogeneous liquid and doesn't separate and solidify like the regular stuff does, hence the fail in producing actual cups. But boy, the stuff I ended up with made for a fabulous cold chocolate pudding. I used some fantastic cocoa my parents had brought back from the Dominican. I also used chunky almond butter but smooth would have definitely been preferable. The next time I make these (and I will make them as a pudding instead of cups again) I will definitely make them for company to make sure I don't eat all of it myself. Enjoy!

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    I make something similar but with no honey or maple syrup. I freeze them by the tbs on wax paper. Generally almond butter with cocoa, sometimes with coco oil etc.

I also eat them frozen

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    I make something similar but with no honey or maple syrup. I freeze them by the tbs on wax paper. Generally almond butter with cocoa, sometimes with coco oil etc.

I also eat them frozen
    Yeah, I was also thinking of freezing them in ice cube trays with popsicle sticks and turning them into popsicles in the summer.

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    I think I will try these without the sugar.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Those look amazing! I'd also use honey instead of maple syrup- I think it would taste better.

(Too many dessert recipes? perish the thought!)
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Hm. Going to party tomorrow, and I suspect these would be most welcome...thanks!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Made them -- they're tasty, like a coconut-almond chocolate truffle. Very delicate, though. I used 3 Tbs of maple syrup rather than the full 1/4 cup. It was just a little too harsh without.

Very easy to eat, and I suspect they'll be appreciated at my party. Thanks again!

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Mmm...
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    I think they have too much coconut oil, and that maybe using melted chocolate would help their cohesiveness.
    Last edited by gojirama; 05-30-2011 at 03:05 PM.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Quote Originally Posted by gojirama View Post
    I think they have too much coconut oil, and that maybe using melted chocolate would help their cohesiveness.
    You think so? The coconut oil is the only ingredient that solidifies in the fridge, I think that's the only thing keeping the things together!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast