Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Still eat GRAINS page

Hitman is offline Member

Still eat GRAINS

Shop Now
    Does anyone still eat grains i eat it like 10 times a month or less. I love sushi me and my buddy eat it twice a month and during the week i go out with my martial art buddys usually go will a grilled chicken wrap instead of fries i go with a caear salad. so i made this thread because i wanted to know how much of a Differents it would make to cut it out i'm still staying under 100 grams of carbsand still loseing weight.

tumbleweed is offline Member
    My stomach doesn't like grains anymore. They cause nausea. So no, I don't.

Kyle46N is offline Senior Member
    I prefer not to get the shnits. That's the noticeable difference for me. Back when I at the standard american diet...I always had gas and shnits, or it was common, just thought it was normal. If you're still losing weight and you don't have bowel issues, keep doing what you're doing. It doesn't sound like you're eating a whole bunch of grains. There is the argument in regard to inflammation, leaky gut, etc, caused by grains.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    No I don't. I don't seem to have any strong physical reaction, but I know if I reintroduced them even slightly, I'll gradually eat more and more. Since I don't particularly miss them, it's not a hardship.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I occasionally eat them. I try to stick with a gluten-free lifestyle mostly so the grains I eat would be rice and corn. I don't seem to have a strong reaction, but over time if I start to eat a lot of wheat or gluten, my joints start to get achy and I feel pretty crappy and run down.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I ate a hamburger bun and gained 1.5 pounds literally overnight (I'm guessing inflamation or something). Not to mention lots of gas.

So... no, I don't eat grains anymore. I never realized what a huge impact they had on my body because that was "normal" for me. Now I'm happy with "healthy" and don't want to go back to "normal" again.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    White rice is OK if you are losing. Most of us do some sushi. You only have to do 80% to get the benefits of primal. But wheat would be one of the most important foods to ditch.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

NomadRip is offline Member
    Not if I can help it. But sushi makes it hard. Sashimi was great last night, though.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    so i made this thread because i wanted to know how much of a Differents it would make to cut it out i'm still staying under 100 grams of carbsand still loseing weight.
    It would make about three Differents, depending on your body's sensitivities.

1. Grains tend to leech minerals from your body, leading to osteoporosis and heart problems, etc.
    2. Wheat tends to contribute to leaky gut syndrome.
    3. Gluten allergies.

I avoid bread and pasta, but I will not bat an eye at white rice since it's pretty innocuous. You sound like a young guy which means you have a few years left on your first class metabolic ticket, but once you approach 30, that stuff will catch up with you.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

bobbitt81 is offline Senior Member
    Rice is one of those borderline deals.

I eat it occasionally when I have sushi.

VERY rarely I'll have a piece of cake or a cupcake, but it's not regular by any stretch.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast