Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally watched Fathead page 2

Risto is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Sigh ... my husband used it as justification to eat even more fast food. He's not dumb, he 'got' the message but chooses to take away only the information that junk food is is good for you.

Head.Desk. Repeat until comatose.
    What I've learned with my girlfriend is that you can't force it. I've encouraged her to make changes in the way she eats on consistent basis and what I've been able to get is that she'll be extremely emotional and upset after that. "I can't eat chocolate and desserts anymore -- the only things that don't criticize me."

She has showed much more acceptance since I've taken a very patient approach. I just educate her by talking about what's wrong with certain things and what are good and why. If my communication skills get really good, it will eventually click for her, I believe. I think that she'll also start making better choices as she sees her health getting worse. Of course, it's not something I want, because I'm all for prevention, but sometimes it's the only thing that will really help someone realize that health is important and that current lifestyle is not assisting it.

I wish she got more interested in nutrition, fitness, and health, and that I could discuss things in more detail with her. If anyone has ideas for that, I'm all ears.

It wasn't a long time ago when she had some uncomfortable issues down there. She decided to see a doctor who told her that she should avoid certain foods and get beneficial bacteria. Since then she's been drinking a lot of kefir to get probiotics and avoiding certain things such as bread. It's unfortunate that people who are close to her don't have nearly as much influence on her, because they are not formally as "smart." But as you can see, if her health shows clear signs of poor functioning, she's likely to do something about it. But if you are the one who wants your love one to make a chance, he/she will never have enough motivation. It has to be intrinsic to work.

mcsnick is offline Member
    thank you! off to do that right now

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    You're right, Risto, we can't make anyone change until they're ready and pushing it makes them all the more resistant. Doesn't make it any less frustrating though. I'll just keep doin' the Primal thing and hope he comes around eventually.

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Sigh ... my husband used it as justification to eat even more fast food. He's not dumb, he 'got' the message but chooses to take away only the information that junk food is is good for you.

Head.Desk. Repeat until comatose.
    Maybe get him to watch Food, Inc., I know the parts about all the filler in most burgers cured me of any desire to eat fast food
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Risto is offline Senior Member
    You're right, Risto, we can't make anyone change until they're ready and pushing it makes them all the more resistant. Doesn't make it any less frustrating though. I'll just keep doin' the Primal thing and hope he comes around eventually.
    I know exactly what you mean; I'm frustrated as hell. I can't stand her complaining because of craving sweets. That's because her body is craving for incredible nutrients!

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    I know exactly what you mean; I'm frustrated as hell. I can't stand her complaining because of craving sweets. That's because her body is craving for incredible nutrients!
    Seriously, until you've gone through pms and have had to deal with how strong some women get cravings you really shouldn't walk around like a rooster on it.
    Sometimes, even when I'm 100% primal...I feel like if I don't eat a sweet I'm going to take out a village. What I do is limit fruits and dark chocolate the rest of the month and then when that hits, pineapple and dark chocolate to the rescue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12