Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 9

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's nice to see you can eat a little bit easier. Oral surgery sounds like a whole bucket of suck. Also glad you caught up on some of your tv. I thought this week's episode of Dr. Who was one of the best in a long while.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    It's nice to see you can eat a little bit easier. Oral surgery sounds like a whole bucket of suck. Also glad you caught up on some of your tv. I thought this week's episode of Dr. Who was one of the best in a long while.
    Yeah, have to agree with you on that !
    Loved the episode of Dr. Who ... it just keeps getting better and better.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Challenge started today and I did get my weight and measurements written down .... and over the weekend, cleaned my rifles (again), and started reorganizing my pack and adding in things I used up last year. Knives are sharp and ready, my rattling horns are ready, need to pick up a new box of shells and I promised my Momma to get a license and be legit ...heeeheee ... just hoping for rain and good cold weather.
    My son commented that I am just like my Dad was .... prepping everything way ahead of time, like it would somehow make the weather change and opening day get here a little faster. Well, it doesn't hurt ... it's a mind thing.
    I've already switched out the summery looking sheets for the camo ones, and the ones with deer & elk, bear, etc. .... so now dreaming the deer will begin.

So, the challenge morning started out ok, 3 boiled eggs and some leftover chicken breast, then a trip back to the dentist to get one of the temporary bridges reset .... little sucker fell out over the weekend. Lunch today - leftover roast beast with two handfuls of arugula. Dinner plans include a celery and radish salad, with one of the 3 leftover meats on the side (ground meat, chicken or roast beastie) and some steamed broccoli and maybe zucchini.

Feeling good today ... woke up 90 minutes before the alarm and got into gym super early. Zercher squats, low seated rows, kettlebells ... nice sweaty workout.
    Breakfast - 4 slices bacon, 2 boiled eggs, onions, arugula, one cup black coffee
    Lunch - chicken breast pieces rolled into romaine leaves, celery/cucumber/radish salad
    Dinner - Will be a stir fry with some ground buffalo, dino kale, onions, shrooms, radishes, okra and a few fresh peas ... maybe a little bit of yellow squash for color.

Good workout this morning. Meals are on track ...
    Bk: 4 slices bacon, 2 eggs, arugula, black coffee
    IF till dinner
    Dinner: pan fried pork steak, large romaine and spinach salad with radishes, olive and avocado

Quiet weekend here, with plenty of sneezing going on. Allergies have kicked in big time and are really annoying me.

Meals have been simple ..
    Saturday:
    Scrambled eggs w shrooms and onions, arugula
    raw veggies, slice of roast beast
    Romaine salad w shrooms, olives, celery, cucumber and chicken

Sunday:
    Bacon and leftover chicken, arugula, tea
    3 Eggs, pan fried in coconut oil, celery, small peach
    Burger patties, asparagus

Heading to dream ....

I had an interesting conversation with a fellow Native friend last night, who is also Celiac .... the discussion was focused around the fact that according to the studies done across the board of different ethnic groups, Native people develop gallstones more often (both of us have had them removed), there is a higher ratio of lactose intolerance, many are Celiac or have high gluten sensitivities and many do not process or digest fats in the same way as others ... he had an excerpt from an article indicating that there is an indication of "frugal" fat genes present in Native people that is inherent, lending fat loss to be a bit more difficult.

All of the articles that he had found emphasized eating as our ancestors did ! No questions on that !
    One interesting factor in some of the research was that it is more difficult for us to digest domesticated meats (in particular beef and pig) ... but it didn't get into the specifics of grass-fed as opposed to the mainstream grain-fed. Unfortunately the article did not go into defining if it was a difference in the natural enzymes present or simply the enormous difference in grass-fed and grain-fed.

I'm definitely going to look into this ...

Good workout this morning, loving the fact that I am lifting heavier than ever ... and although I am not parallel (yet) to the floor on the goblet squats, I am getting closer and closer to it !

Breakfast in line with the 30 day ...
    Leftover burger patty (2), boiled egg, fresh arugula, black coffee

Debating ideas on lunch and dinner, posting those later ...

And now it's later ... and edit !

For lunch .... chicken breast, chopped red cabbage and onions, drizzled with a little olive oil
    Dinner ... scrambled eggs with shrooms, chopped crisp bacon, onions, and yes, strange as it may sound ... fresh okra.
    Last edited by Orannhawk; 09-19-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Mike in Virginia is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    Paleo Comfort Foods :Homestyle Cooking in a Gluten-Free Kitchen - written by Julie Mayfield, Charles Mayfield with a forward from Robb Wolf
    The book is out now, published on Sept. 12. Customer reviews: 23 with 5 stars, 1 with 4 stars, 0 with any fewer stars.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Grins ... I've got it on order Looking forward to this !

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I pre-ordered that book too. Totally forgot it was coming out. Sweet!!!

Okra with eggs? Hrmmm.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast