Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 8

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Meals seem to be on track here ...
    B - 3 slices nitrate free bacon, 3 boiled eggs, fresh arugula and spinach
    L- large mixed greens salad w 1 boiled egg, small piece of leftover steak, shrooms, onions, radishes, cucumber, 1/2 of a small avocado
    D- will be baked chicken, steamed veggies (broccoli and zucchini)

I'm watching my fat intake now, not deleting it all, but being more aware of it. I would be sitting here munching down on some fresh fruit (berries) if I had them .... likely good that I don't !
    Mentally trying to prepare for another dental surgery next Tuesday ... got in all the paperwork updates to the anesthesiologist dentist and my dentist called early this morning to remind me (yeah, like I'm gonna forget that !) of the appointment. It's only going to be about 3-3.5 hours this time, so hopefully there won't be as much sleep time for me. Last one in December was 7.5 hrs long (complicated removal of 2 root canals, removal of 2 fillings that were mercury based, one filling ended up cracking a tooth and it was extracted, along with a baby tooth - yeah, go figure ... ) and I slept a full day and a half after that. One more at the end of the month where I will be out for about an hour and a half and then everything is done ! Phew ....

I'm not thrilled with having to deal with general anesthesia again, and thinking I will need to supp in something to help clear all that out of my system afterwards - and twice in a three week time period too.
    Although this time isn't going to be as extensive or invasive as the first one, I know I am gonna be sore ... so I am pre-planning some meal ideas that will be easy to eat ... smushed cauliflower, maybe a venison roast with squash, onions, shrooms that I can run through the food processor and make a meat salad or pate like stuff ... boiled eggs of course, soup.... going to look at recipes and get things going by the weekend. If I am dragging azz for a couple of days while the anesthesia is clearing out, I know I am not going to want to be cooking. Might even do a smoothie or two ... a primal one of course !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Breathing a sigh of relief here ... I finished up my articles for the magazine I write for and actually got everything in before the deadline ! The past month has been difficult as hell here, with the oppressive heat and the drought (the 'grass' in my yard actually crunches ! - and my stock tank on the small acreage I own, is dry as a bone ... and all the fish I restocked in it two years ago, after the last serious drought ... are gone) ... and then there is the idiocy of the ex-bf, compelled by something to try and convince me to come back to him, professing undying love one minute, then sending me hate messages of f**k you bitch the next.
    Ah yes ... that kind of moronic manipulation sure endears one to another ! ROFLMAO !!!

The dentist office called me ... to remind me of the surgery Tuesday. Geeesh Louise, ya think I'm going to forget ? My gut is in a constant state of nerves already !!!

Good workout this morning ....
    Meals today
    B: 4.5 slices of bacon (dogs HAD to have the other half piece) boiled egg and arugula and spinach
    L: Large salad of mixed greens, radishes, shrooms, leftover baked chicken
    D: Gr. meat stir fry thing - meat, onions, kale, zucchini, okra, radishes
    Last edited by Orannhawk; 09-10-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Second dental surgery is over ... 3 hours. I don't know if the anesthesiologist used a different anesthesia than the one I had in December, but I was sick as a dog yesterday. The surgery in December was 7.5 hrs. long ... I have no memory of my son and his friend getting me back to the house, and I slept for the rest of the day and 98% of the next day. No headache, no nausea, but yeah, a lot of soreness and pain that lasted a few weeks.
    Yesterday, a different story entirely ! I was somewhat awake on the ride home, and tried to sleep ... but I had a bad headache, fever and a lot of nausea. My throat still feels raw and my sinuses are totally screwed. Some of that is due to the length of time I was under, and some of it no doubt is from the smoke that is in the air here from all the fires.
    Had to give in to advil last night in order to sleep and get rid of the pounding in my head. Slow moving today, but most of the dizziness has stopped now, and I am thinking clearly. Did get an egg white smoothie down this morning, but not at the point of eating anything yet. Smashed cauliflower will wait till tomorrow.

Feeling better today, although I know I am not back to full speed yet. Started the day with an egg white protein shake and managed 3 scrambled eggs just now for lunch. Going in tomorrow for blood work on the thyroid and considering that I've seen absolutely no change, I suspect that the script will be changed out once again. And joy of joys ... the saliva test for the hormones ... I hate that fracking spit box test.

Very little dizziness today, so I am planning to be back in the gym Saturday morning early, I hate being away from the weights ! It will good to get in there and get a good sweat going, purge out the remains of the anesthesia that is still in my system.

Ok, it's official ... I'm signed in on the 30 day challenge !
    My personal challenge is to give up the stevia in my coffee and forgo the occasional coconut flour pancake, despite the fact that there is very little in the recipe, I need to stay away from it !

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Good luck on the 30 day challenge. If stevia and coconut flour pancakes are your biggest vices, then I tip my hat to you. LOL.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Good luck on the 30 day challenge. If stevia and coconut flour pancakes are your biggest vices, then I tip my hat to you. LOL.
    Grinning ... well, my other favorite vice I don't consider a vice, just pure pleasure LOL ... and primal of course !
    Last edited by Orannhawk; 09-09-2011 at 05:15 PM.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    Grinning ... well, my other favorite vice I don't consider a vice, just pure pleasure LOL ... and primal of course !
    Boy, I could read a lot into that!!

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Boy, I could read a lot into that!!
    LOL .... and there's a lot to read all in one little sentence ....

Finally able to eat a little easier today, although I am sticking with softer things until after the check-up tomorrow with the dentist.

B: egg white protein shake, half of a small peach
    L: leftover roast, semi-ground in food processor, with chopped onions and small avocado
    D: more of the roast, steamed zucchini

Quiet weekend, watched football yesterday, caught up on True Blood, Sons of Anarchy and Dr. Who that I had missed earlier in the week. Designed some new bumper stickers to print and laminate this week ... debating creating some Primal ones. Still looking for someone to help with designing my website. Truly bad that I've had the damn site now for this long and still don't have it up and running.

Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast