Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 7

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Tires are always fun and it makes the "regular" gym people scream in horror when you come back in all sweaty and looking like you are ready to kill something and eat it.

Don't worry about the scale *please* It is just a mind fuck and does absolutely nothing for you. Check out this link: Attention Scale Addicts, part 2 | Everyday Paleo and specifically the comparison picture towards the bottom of the article where the woman weighs the same in both pictures.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Tires are always fun and it makes the "regular" gym people scream in horror when you come back in all sweaty and looking like you are ready to kill something and eat it.

Don't worry about the scale *please* It is just a mind fuck and does absolutely nothing for you. Check out this link: Attention Scale Addicts, part 2 | Everyday Paleo and specifically the comparison picture towards the bottom of the article where the woman weighs the same in both pictures.
    Giggling .... the morning regulars there already look at me like I am so oddity ... I swear I think I am the only female there that works up a sweat ... really hoping that he will add in a tire or two, there's usually plenty of room in the parking lot to flip a few around and not hit any cars !
    There were gasps of total dismay the other day when one of the "ladies" overheard me talking to the owner/trainer after my workout. He asked what all I had planned, so I mentioned that I was going home to a big cup of coffee, a half a package of non-nitrate bacon and 3-4 eggs fried in coconut oil and a few handfuls of arugula drizzled with bacon grease. Granted he was grinning, because we talk food ...

Yeah ... love that article /pics too ! Keeps me focused !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Made my monthly trek to Whole Foods today ... at fracking noon when everyone in Austin seemed to be congregating for lunch and stop/block the aisles. However, I did stock up on beautiful bunches of arugula and watercress - and plenty of coconut goodness. I had to laugh when I got to the checkout, coconut flakes, coconut fine grated, coconut flour, coconut vinegar, coconut oil, coconut manna .... the bagger asked me if I ate anything other than coconut and arugula.
    Had a great visit with my chiro today, he shared with me that he has transitioned over to paleo/primal and was quite pleased at the changes I have made. One of the topics of interest today covered the cravings that I have been experiencing - the intense, bitter sharp flavors of things like arugula, radishes, fresh ginger. He suggested that I may be dealing with some imbalances and therefore the cravings for foods that will balance things out.

Should be interesting to see what all I find ....

Beautiful, bright flowers that my son gave me today for my b'day.

Good workout this morning, staying on track with food ... my splurge today - 10 fresh raw macadamia nuts. Tried a different coconut water today, Zico plain. Not exactly thrilled with that one !

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Coconut and arugula would make for a strange meal.
    What is the big deal with coconut water? I have heard a lot of people talking about it recently, but I haven't looked into it. Does it have fat in it? Fat-water. Hell yeah.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Coconut and arugula would make for a strange meal.
    What is the big deal with coconut water? I have heard a lot of people talking about it recently, but I haven't looked into it. Does it have fat in it? Fat-water. Hell yeah.
    I seem to be eating arugula all the time now ... LOL.
    No fat (sigh) in the Zico coconut water and it sorta tastes slightly sour. I bought a couple of the small containers to try because it's high in electrolytes, and I detest the gatorade crap. I may try another brand and see if there is a difference in the overall taste.

Spent yesterday painting ... delivering this today to a friends son's wedding for his grooms cake. Sadly the only primal thing about it is the image and the fact that I made it ! But the bass came out well, so I am sharing. I did the lure in fondant so it's 3 dimensional. This used to be main job, making specialty cakes that I hand painted with food colors (the little 4 pack from the grocery store) ... but it was making me sick all the time.
    I still give in to a few people who want orders, but it's rare because I have to wear the mask, the gloves and still get a raging headache from the flour dust that gets on me.

It's fun to do on occasion because painting on an unstable surface is a good challenge ....

Do you ever have times when you truly feel like there is a neon sign permanently attached to your forehead just declaring to the world that you are there for any and all to come up and trash you ? Holy crappola ....
    Ex-boyfriend ... ah yes, there is a reason why you are an X !

On a better note, sitting here thinking of what I am going to create with the ground meat in the frig ... meatballs, stir-fry something, burger patties, or just the meat to throw on a giant salad with some avocado and radishes and onions, then leftovers with eggs.

canio6 Guest
    The painting on the cake is fantastic. Ex's not so much. Good luck with your ground meat!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    The painting on the cake is fantastic. Ex's not so much. Good luck with your ground meat!
    Thank you !
    Agree with you on the ex's LOL ....
    Ended up just doing plain ground, threw some on a massive amount of bitter greens, have plenty left for at least three more meals ....

Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast