Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 68

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    If you've seen my journal you know I was being told my everyone that I should go back to a 100% primal or paleo diet and they guaranteed my gut issues would resolve in a matter of months. I got tired of being told I was doing it all wrong so I agreed to do it their way. Its not working.

Try to at least eat foods rich in nutrients. I'm sorry you're struggling I wish it was easier too. Its hard when others are finding health and weight loss fairly easy but its a day to day battle from where I sit. And you too, huh?

What brought on the fibro flare?
    Wow .... I wrote a reply earlier, and it went poof !
    I know that I am missing a lot of the nutrients in my meals. I am trying to expand a little as I can, right now my meals consist of meats, eggs, romaine, olives, cucumber, an occasional carrot and sometimes a few strawberries. Obviously lettuce is not exactly nutrient rich.
    Although I have hunted since I was a little girl, I have not been able to deal with eating offal ... I tried liver once, on a dare and that will never happen again. At some point I will try bone broth, when I can get ahold of some grass fed meat bones.

I think the fibro flare was the result of overdoing a lot of things from May to mid July .... working too many hours, most weeks 12-18 hours a day, and then stressing over the fact that the pay did not come close to the amount of work that was produced.
    I am having to reassess how I am working, from promoting to production .... trying to come up with ideas at this point.

It is a day to day thing, some days are truly difficult, others pretty good .... I try and convince myself that I am ok with all the limitations with my foods, but reality sets in and sometimes it is just downright depressing.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Wow, almost a month since I posted .... that's not good. Meals are getting better, getting more greens in now and feeling better as a result. Did have a few leg cramps last night that woke me up, however not as extreme as they have been before.

Should be asleep now, but alas, here I am. Meals are on track, legs a little achy from squats, shoulders could be easier, but that will come along too.
    Finished out the day with a big salad of romaine and baby spinach, a handful of olives, lime juice and a healthy amount of ground buffalo. Yummm

Early workouts with the hoop are hilarious and I am thankful that I am doing these indoors until I am more adept at spinning this sucker ... although I am already planning a section in the backyard where I want to create an area that is nice and level where I can do the hoop-d-doo things. Expand on that area later with some outdoor goodies to make the workouts interesting. Have to get some rings !

Last week and a half spent sneezing, hacking, and generally feeling like crap. Started feeling better, went to Chiro for an adjustment and yesterday, spent a few hours just resting, sitting outside and enjoying everything. Left my lovely space to drive home - only about twenty minutes, and by the time I was back in town, I was having chills, then getting hot, repeat, repeat, repeat. I either had a relapse of the cold/whatever the hell I had ... or now I have another one. This is ridiculous. \

Upped the Vitamin C, D and increased the hot tea ... getting plenty of leafy greens and lots of water, but I have to get my immune system bolstered up. Just weeks away from season opening, and it's hard to hunt when you're sneezing and scaring the deer away !

Painting pretty much non stop preparing for an upcoming show, a little lax on getting in my workouts as much as I hate to admit to ... meals are going ok, although I am fairly certain I am not getting in enough protein.
    I did start this week with using Living Clay and as strange as it sounds to be consuming it, I am already feeling some slight differences with this. Pretty primal in my mind ... and not near as weird tasting as I had assumed it might be.
    Back to work ....

And how do we spell frustration ? two little letters, ME

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    And how do we spell frustration ? two little letters, ME
    Let me guess. The scale hasn't budged at all?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Let me guess. The scale hasn't budged at all?
    Not down for sure ... I am actually weighing more than I did went I went full paleo in 2010 ... and I am taking into account muscle weight. Not to mention that other than a little upper body workouts, I haven't had a full workout in close to three weeks now .... broke a toe, dislocated another and still can't wear anything other than flip flops (which are wrecking my legs and back).
    I'm drinking my Living Clay (which I LOVE ) - doing my greens blast in the morning and sticking with meats and a few veggies (like zucchini) or a mixed green salad (no dressing) and I am hungry all the time now. I don't what is going on, other than being totally disgusted with myself.
    Spring of 2014 will make it 4 years since going paleo, and although I have had a few minor slip ups, they have been minor ... and yet I seem to be getting nowhere with eliminating the rest of the body fat.

FINALLY .... things are starting to move ....
    more drastic than what I should be doing, but still paleo, so it's all good.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    FINALLY .... things are starting to move ....
    more drastic than what I should be doing, but still paleo, so it's all good.
    Frustration is almost over?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast