Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 66

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    those damn scales! We use them to tell us if we're doing things "right".

I'd say if you've been doing it all "right" and the scales aren't moving then there is something deeper going on and a little investigation is in order. If you can, go to the doctor and ask for help. Have the hormones checked, have the thyroid markers checked. Have all the vitamin levels checked. If you're eating healthy, and eating at a caloric level that should be resulting in a loss - and it isn't happening - then there is some reason you're body is hanging on to every pound. Time for some testing.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Orannhawk is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    those damn scales! We use them to tell us if we're doing things "right".

I'd say if you've been doing it all "right" and the scales aren't moving then there is something deeper going on and a little investigation is in order. If you can, go to the doctor and ask for help. Have the hormones checked, have the thyroid markers checked. Have all the vitamin levels checked. If you're eating healthy, and eating at a caloric level that should be resulting in a loss - and it isn't happening - then there is some reason you're body is hanging on to every pound. Time for some testing.
    I'm planning to get some additional testing done when I can, although it's likely to be at least 6-8 months or more before I can ... I do have issues with the thyroid and I have been taking a natural supplement for that (not the synthyroid stuff) ... hormones were better the last time I was able to check that last year.

Calories and food intake are lower than what is optimal, however it will be that way for a while too.
    I've been researching doctors in the area that do functional medicine, and will be able to deal with the Celiac, my food allergies, the Fructose Malabsorption and the suspected IBS and fibromyalgia. I've found two that are located under an hour from me, both with good credentials, one that I am more drawn to after watching the videos she has on her site and reading all of the info she provides. She is quite expensive though .... gonna have to pull out a lottery win to go there ! From the testimonials from patients she is getting good results.

I started a new notebook this morning where I am logging in everything I eat and drink and how my body is feeling throughout the day ... my thought on this is when (not if ... but when) I get to see her for an appt and testing, I will have a clear accounting of my meals and how I am feeling from day to day. I may start seeing a pattern then on the gut issues !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

hope you don't have to wait that long.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

hope you don't have to wait that long.
    I saw my Chiro today and his reply to the fibromyalgia ... yes, even without all the points triggered, yes. He did some intense work on the muscle in my upper back that left me in tears and at the same time, gave me more relief than I have had in a long, long time.
    Hopefully I can get testing done before too long.

Over the past few days I have started cutting back and out of tea ... I was drinking it with more water than tea, but I have had two and a half days without any at all, and my stomach is feeling so much better. I've cut back from my 2 to occasional 3 cups of coffee to 1 cup and I will transition away from that soon too. NOT looking forward to the first week after that .... I do like my coffee .... sigh

Having some pan grilled sausage tonight with a cucumber ....

I can't do coffee or tea anymore. Coffee gives me immediate gut burn and acid reflux. Tea gives me a general all over gut discomfort - bloated and achy. Can't remember the last time I had a coffee............. I used to drink it with lots of cream and sugar.

Sorry about the fibro. I have been able to completely control mine by not eating sugar/wheat/legumes. A LITTLE won't set off a flare - but more than a little definitely will. Like I can eat a serving of sushi and I don't feel it - but if I eat a serving of rice I definitely feel it. A few bites of beans are okay --- but a full serving and I'm in trouble.

I can't do sausage either............. something in the spices maybe? Gives me horrible heart burn.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

I can't do coffee or tea anymore. Coffee gives me immediate gut burn and acid reflux. Tea gives me a general all over gut discomfort - bloated and achy. Can't remember the last time I had a coffee............. I used to drink it with lots of cream and sugar.

Sorry about the fibro. I have been able to completely control mine by not eating sugar/wheat/legumes. A LITTLE won't set off a flare - but more than a little definitely will. Like I can eat a serving of sushi and I don't feel it - but if I eat a serving of rice I definitely feel it. A few bites of beans are okay --- but a full serving and I'm in trouble.

I can't do sausage either............. something in the spices maybe? Gives me horrible heart burn.
    This is day two without coffee, and more without tea ..... and my gut is actually acting NORMAL .... I was drinking both straight, but it's more than obvious to me now that it's going to have to be an occasional treat (if at all) instead of a daily thing. I've sure been slugging down the water though ! LOL .... added a sprig of fresh mint to the mug earlier, nice change of taste.

My flare was more of the exhaustion and stress, although I don't think I will risk venturing away from Whole30 and Fodmaps at this point. Thankfully the spices in the sausage is minimal, it's vension with a little pork, but not heavy spices.
    When I started eliminating things years ago, the one thing that would give me horrible heartburn is sugar, and it's almost immediate.

Had a relaxing afternoon today and feel sooooo much better now.

Started the day with water .... no coffee. Cooked a little chopped steak with a few eggs. Lunch was a bowl of cucumber with a little lime and sea salt and a left over pork chop. Dinner tonight, romaine with the other chopped steak, maybe a few black olives or another cucumber.

Sounds like you have a good handle on the diet
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

PrimalCon New York
    Sounds like you have a good handle on the diet
    Trying .... I did have a glass of iced tea last night with dinner, and I definitely knew about it. I am going to have to really limit the tea to the very rare occasion. Haven't had any coffee at all and finally starting to feel a little better after a week long headache.

Meals today :
    Bk - water, 2 eggs and 1 leftover pork chop
    L - romaine, with olives and 3/4 cup ground (and more water in-between)
    D - romaine and spinach salad, slice of brisket and 1 boiled egg

Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast