Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 65

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Carnitas were good, but I did have a reaction to them, fairly sure it was due to the chili powder in the rub. I am allergic to peppers, but prior to doing the FODMAP elimination, I had not noticed that the occasional use of a little chili powder was a big issue .... but at the time, I was also consuming things that I now know that I cannot tolerate.
    Lesson learned. I am going to see what I can do to salvage the meat, rinse it, whatever, so that it is not wasted.

Had a cold meal tonight, leftover roast beast with romaine and a little cucumber. Tasty and not too heavy. Spent part of the day redoing the living room, moved all the furniture except the monster TV, cleaned and mopped the floors, and then moved everything around. I'm really liking the new look, it is more open and the entire room looks and feels larger. Finished my bedroom except for the floors, but that can wait until tomorrow.
    Tackling the kitchen/dining room tomorrow and the studio during the rest of the week.

Sat down and did a little painting over the weekend, something just for fun and that was awesome. I have to remind myself to take the time to enjoy doing a little something something just for the fun of painting. Redesigned my business cards and have a new tri-fold flyer just about ready to run through the printer, so I feel like the weekend was productive and and somewhat restful too.

Still trying to come up with something interesting and unusual to do to the back splash in the kitchen. Don't want to go the usual route of tile. Ideas anyone ?
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    stainless steal? bead board? hard to suggest when I don't know what style you like or what the "bones" of the kitchen look like.

Glad to hear you're doing so well with food. I had a little whole30 break over the weekend at the lake - but didn't go totally off the path. A little wheat and sugar, and a little alcohol. Mostly I was good. No fodmaps and no diarrhea
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    stainless steal? bead board? hard to suggest when I don't know what style you like or what the "bones" of the kitchen look like.

Glad to hear you're doing so well with food. I had a little whole30 break over the weekend at the lake - but didn't go totally off the path. A little wheat and sugar, and a little alcohol. Mostly I was good. No fodmaps and no diarrhea

I am thinking about the bead board .... the wall I want to do is painted, but it has some deep cracks in it that although patched, are still visible. The house has shifted every summer with the drought, and so I need something that will camouflage the cracks. Appliances are stainless, and the kitchen is not super large, so I'm not sure about adding more stainless onto the walls.
    I'm currently stripping the paint off of the cabinet doors. The wood underneath is beautiful and more than likely I will finish them with nothing more than a clear satin finish to show off the wood. The base of the cabinets is a bone/cream color. I used Valspar paint on it, but I can't remember the color name without checking the can. LOL

There is about a 12 inch space between the upper cabinets and the ceiling .... I'm thinking of using galvanized steel up there, just love the waves of it and it will make my old crockery bowls stand out. Style in the kitchen .... hmmmn, not sure that there is a style per say. I have the antique crocks in here, but it's not what I would call country style.
    I've kept the main colors of the house very basic, the cream color on all the walls, white ceilings, flooring is the faux wood in creams, golden brown and brown. I add in color with other things. In the kitchen there are little pops of burnt orange, blue, chocolate brown and then some green (plants on the window sill). Two large windows in the dining room area (which is now the computer area) have blinds and very simple tabbed curtains in what I would call a pale grassfed sweet cream butter color. No curtain over the window over the sink.

That's awesome that you didn't experience any stomach distress ! I am still wanting sugar or something in the way of sweet .... that is just making me crazy !

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    When I get a sweet craving I have a couple of dried apricots that haven't been sulfured.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    When I get a sweet craving I have a couple of dried apricots that haven't been sulfured.
    My favorite are dates, but they are the kind of thing that I don't seem to control very well at all ! LOL

Got a lot of cleaning done in the house this week, spent several hours at the shop yesterday ... took some of the bead work and worked on bracelets and chatted with customers coming in. Time consuming to pack up things to take and bring home, but I think I need to be out of the house more often than the occasional run to the grocery store. sigh ....

Starting in the studio tomorrow to work on organizing and cleaning in there. The past few months of painting the over-sized things have had the whole place turned upside down. Time to set it all back in place so I can work in my relaxed space again.
    Redesigned my business cards and finishing up the design and layout for a tri-fold to have at the shop, to go into a little more detail on my work.

Meals are on track, sticking with meat and eggs and added in a little romaine and cucumber here and there. Still a few issues with my gut, but dealing with that. The scale has not come out of the closet - but I am noticing that my workout capris are getting looser on the thighs, the fabric is doing little folds on my legs now, so I guess I am doing something right.

Working on sleeping habits more now too, trying to tame the night owl tendencies.
    Have some porkchops to pan grill tonight, sure wish I was grilling a big sweet onion on the side ... man I miss my onions !!!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like you're doing great!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Made the mistake of weighing today, thinking that perhaps, finally, FINALLY there would be a change ... I mean it's only been three years now since I went Paleo and well over 8 months since I even looked at the stupid scales .... and weeks into following the FODMAPS to the letter, eating meat, eggs and a little romaine and cucumber, limiting the coffee as well as the tea, still working out, although not as heavy with the weights right now ....
    and wow, guess what the scale said .......

If you are betting on a loss up to maybe 30 lbs. .... not even close.
    Not even up to 20 ... or 15, or 10 ....
    How about this, not one FRACKING pound.

WTF

I don't exactly have too many choices at this point food wise, limit much more and I will be down to just water. I've quit reading the posts on the before and afters. What used to be encouraging to me is like someone saying to me, well everyone else is getting there, but you fracking suck.
    Geesh, can you tell this is my ranting post ?

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    The scale does not tell the whole story, remember? I'll bet your body composition has changed even if the damned scale doesn't reflect weight loss. I tracked for three months three times a day and realized that there are so many influences that affect that damned scale.
    Do NOT put your faith in it.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

[QUOTE=honeybuns;1257766]The scale does not tell the whole story, remember? I'll bet your body composition has changed even if the damned scale doesn't reflect weight loss. I tracked for three months three times a day and realized that there are so many influences that affect that damned scale.
    Do NOT put your faith in it.[/QUOTE

Very little change, if any. A tiny bit on the thighs, and my ring is loose, but no actual inch loss ... and I am still dealing with food not digesting properly , despite the FODMAPS. Really working on changing my thoughts about it all, I know that plays a big part too, but this is really getting to me right now.

Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast