Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 63

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sipped my cup of tea this morning instead of coffee, watching the birds at the feeder in the front, and occasionally looking out into the back yard, envisioning it to be landscaped the way I want it to be .... good sturdy fence, a deck, raised beds lush with herbs and fresh veggies, new trees replacing two that are at the end of their cycle .... all of the crap grass gone, land leveled higher so when it rains I don't have a lake .... and with the planting beds, a lot less grass to cut !
    Nice daydream ....... throw in leveling and re-sodding the front yard, finishing the rock patio, added a half deck and carport area, hhhhmmmm..... new roof and extension, rain gutters and barrel .... and a small pad for additional parking, yeah, that would do it for a while ! LOL

Started the day with eggs and a little ground, have some tenderloin that I plan to roast for later, or for tomorrow, depending on what else the day brings. Cleaning the studio is a priority today, although I am not anywhere near the energy level I need for any of it yet.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Almost three months without coffee now and my teeth are looking much less dingy. Bonus! I really don't miss the coffee and I am drinking far fewer cups of tea than I did of the coffee.

Never give up your dreams, especially the one of finding a hulky guy who loves redoing yards and loves you, not in that order.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Almost three months without coffee now and my teeth are looking much less dingy. Bonus! I really don't miss the coffee and I am drinking far fewer cups of tea than I did of the coffee.

Never give up your dreams, especially the one of finding a hulky guy who loves redoing yards and loves you, not in that order.
    Have to keep dreaming ... it's the best option there is.

It looked like the crews were starting to clear out late this afternoon ... I missed getting to see Mark Wahlberg in person, but they did a lot of filming here for the Transformers 4 movie, so it will be cool to see that ! I had planned to stop at the local BBQ place on my way back to the house and grab a few slices of brisket, decided at the last minute to run home first and then didn't go back out. LOL ... not long after that, someone posted a pic on FB of Barry (the white haired guy that is always driving crazy looking cars) from Storage Wars was there .... they even had a pic of the wild looking car he was in. No clue why he was in town, unless he is guesting on Storage Wars Texas. Always something interesting going on, even though it is a small town ! LOL

Eggs and bacon for breakfast, lunch and dinner ended up being combined late afternoon with a small steak and a few slices of dried venison sausage. Yummmmy

tomi is offline Senior Member
    So - for teeth whitening........... I know its totally not primal - but I use Listerine 4X whitening mouth wash. It works great! Takes about month of 2 times a day swishing - but it really works. Not chalk white like you see movie stars teeth - but my teeth do look good. I don't drink coffee or tea and the only staining thing I have is the occasional diet coke (with rum of course!) Now I use it a couple times a week only. Its about $8 a bottle in Oregon. But worth it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    So - for teeth whitening........... I know its totally not primal - but I use Listerine 4X whitening mouth wash. It works great! Takes about month of 2 times a day swishing - but it really works. Not chalk white like you see movie stars teeth - but my teeth do look good. I don't drink coffee or tea and the only staining thing I have is the occasional diet coke (with rum of course!) Now I use it a couple times a week only. Its about $8 a bottle in Oregon. But worth it.
    I'll have to check that out .... my teeth have never been brilliantly white, thanks to some medication I had a child ... but the regular cleanings with the dentist is keeping them a lot whiter than before. I try and limit the tea to a glass or two a day, then nothing else but water. Occasionally "fuzzy water" (aka sparkling water, plain or with a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime) when I am wanting the bubbles ... lol.

I just found the Listerine Whitening stuff at Grocery Outlet for $3.99. Cross your fingers that I can see a difference!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Is it the white bottle? if so......... GREAT FIND!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

It is the white bottle but it says original formula. Whatever. I can see that it is making a difference already!

So, long weekend ... parts of it were great, other parts, not so much. Went out to dinner Friday night to celebrate daughter's birthday, dinner compliments of my son I ordered fajitas, I have eaten at the place a few times before and never got sick, so it was the safest bet for me. The bonus too is that they don't put everything all on one platter, the beans and rice are on a small plate (immediately commandeered by my son) and the pico and guac on another (daughter grabbed that one) and they (son, daughter and her husband) had the tortillas.
    Meat was fair ... the beef was tough and a little too chewy, but it was ok. Left there and went to a little corner dive to play pool. That was a lot of fun. Got in a little after midnight, up again at 7:30 to slug down 3 large mugs of coffee.
    Had a family gathering thing yesterday in the country, thankfully there was plain roasted chicken, so I ate. Humidity made the heat oppressive, and I was like a slug when I got home. Too tired to do anything past adjusting the recliner.

Adjusted the crispy carnitas recipe and made that for dinner, had a little this morning with eggs. It came out good, although I did miss the taste of the onion powder in it.
    Fighting a headache again, neck is way out of alignment and as usual it's the vertebra where I have some degeneration ... sigh. Hopeful that I will make some $ this month so I get this thing fixed. I hate being in pain, and I am trying to avoid the Advil because of what it does to my gut.

Wishing for some rain, clouds, or better yet, cold temps with lots of cloud cover. Added the Listerine to my list .... want to see how that works for me too !

Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast