Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 62

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've tried whiskey - wasn't that fond of it. I've had it in mixed drinks - but I don't like it straight. Actually I don't really like any alcohol straight. Course I haven't tried that many. There is an Irish Liqueur (whiskey) called Celtic Crossing. I like that on the rocks, but you really have to sip it. Its pretty sweet - and it gives me a nasty headache. Wine also gives me a headache. My all time favorite is a good Long Island Iced Tea - light on the lime (sours). Other than that - any good fruity drink is always fun.

I'm having a left over ground beef patty that we cooking on the charcoal grill last night. We have an EGG -- well, it isn't that brand, but just the same design. It makes killer bbq cuz it smokes while it cooks. I have a beautiful roast thawed and I'm trying to figure out how to cook it on the EGG without cooking too fast. I think I need to make a small pile of charcoal, and add one or 2 every 20 minutes or so. I hate to ruin the roast so I'm scared to try. Maybe I'll wait till hubby gets home and ask him - then do it tomorrow.

Aside from Sunday sickies from 3 nights of rum I'm going great. I forgot to eat before I left for work and I was only just slightly hungry all day. I guess that means my body is fully fat adapted and was living off its own fat stores. I wasn't having any trouble concentrating and I got a lot done.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I've tried 2 nights of a small yam with dinner. Today I was VERY sick again. So - that goes on my don't list. So far that's the first veggie I've tried, aside from one small bit of green beans last week that didn't cause any trouble. I'm doing the same veggie or fruit for several days in row and watching the results. If I have issues that food will go on the don't list. If I can eat it 3 days in a row with no troubles then it will go on the do list. Since I'm having issues today I will eat a straight protein diet for another week to let things heal - then I will try the next thing. Next up I think will be green beans again.

How you doing?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I've tried 2 nights of a small yam with dinner. Today I was VERY sick again. So - that goes on my don't list. So far that's the first veggie I've tried, aside from one small bit of green beans last week that didn't cause any trouble. I'm doing the same veggie or fruit for several days in row and watching the results. If I have issues that food will go on the don't list. If I can eat it 3 days in a row with no troubles then it will go on the do list. Since I'm having issues today I will eat a straight protein diet for another week to let things heal - then I will try the next thing. Next up I think will be green beans again.

How you doing?

Sorry you got so sick ! The only thing I have added so far was a couple of romaine leaves, but I am sticking with the meat and eggs for now. Got ready to go the high school reunion, and grabbed a shirt that I had tried on prior to doing the zero carbs and eliminating the things on the Fodmap list. When I tried it on before, I could barely button it .... Friday night, I WORE IT !

I am however, dealing with exhaustion .... past 7-8 weeks have been extremely trying, working 12-15 hours at a time, most of that running consecutively, then a day or two off, then back on it again. It's aggravated me to no end. I was so tired Friday morning that I was stumbling around like I had been on a two week drunk. Stepped off of a trailer (finishing up a float I was building for the parade) and although I stepped down solid on one cement block with my right foot, I hit the edge of the other block, and it turned and hit my leg, got some cuts and big time bruising on it. my leg 6 - 14-13.jpg

Bruises have gone black and yellow now, so hopefully it will fade out soon. I didn't realize at the time that the blocks were the kind with little "feet" that you set posts in to build decks, etc. - upside down on the grass, they are not exactly stable ! Leg is sore, but I did dance Friday night - and not a drop to drink other than iced tea.

Resting up today, cleaning the house and flat refusing any last minute jobs that come in for a week. I need a rest. And a massage .... maybe two .... LOL
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Tomi ...
    Now that I have managed to get pics on here again .... here is a sample of some of my work. A couple of the dog portraits and one of my buckskin bags that I made. I'll download a couple of the carved gourds later ....
    Cody - Photo and Painting March 2013.jpgClancy.jpgEagle Bag with Close-up.jpg

OH MY GOSH!!! YOU ARE AN EXCELLENT PAINTER! I'm in awe at the reality between photo and painting! I assume this is how you make your living.

I'm back on protein only again to heal my gut. But I have had some alcohol over the weekend, and a few handfuls of snacky type food. I was a little sick on Sunday. Belly ache and a little diarrhea. So I'm thinking it was from the little cheats on Saturday. The weight is melting away! In 20 days I'm down 9 pounds. I'm going to stay on the protein only until I get to goal weight - then I'll start experimenting with food again.

I'm happy to hear you are also seeing some weight loss!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

OH MY GOSH!!! YOU ARE AN EXCELLENT PAINTER! I'm in awe at the reality between photo and painting! I assume this is how you make your living.

I'm back on protein only again to heal my gut. But I have had some alcohol over the weekend, and a few handfuls of snacky type food. I was a little sick on Sunday. Belly ache and a little diarrhea. So I'm thinking it was from the little cheats on Saturday. The weight is melting away! In 20 days I'm down 9 pounds. I'm going to stay on the protein only until I get to goal weight - then I'll start experimenting with food again.

I'm happy to hear you are also seeing some weight loss!
    Thank you ! Yes, this is what I do (along with writing for a magazine and working on a couple of books) ...
    I am still having a little diarrhea, but I think it was more from taking a little more C than I should have. It does that to me.
    So excited about your weight loss ! I am very hopeful now, and I know this is what I was needing to do !

me too I plan to stay on protein only until I get to goal weight. 38 pounds lost - 38 pounds to go! I'm 1/2 way there!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

me too I plan to stay on protein only until I get to goal weight. 38 pounds lost - 38 pounds to go! I'm 1/2 way there!
    I will be THRILLED when I can say I am half way to my goal !!! (and obviously more so when I REACH my goal ! LOL)
    Haven't been able to shake my headache yet, there is a lot of mold and some pollen in the air that are aggravating things like breathing .... LOL

Broiled two little chopped steaks this morning, ate one with eggs for breakfast and although I had planned to save the other for dinner, I ate it for lunch. Sigh ... have to dig into the freezer and see what is hiding in there !

Still dragging, but feeling a lot better than yesterday and ten times better than I did over the weekend ...
    made it over to pick up the supplements I was out of and the first thing that the girls said when I walked in "WOW, You look soooo much thinner !"
    Guess it's working ! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

Excellent!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast