Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 61

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ooooooooooo hunky man that can cook and give a good message! That almost describes my hubby. All he needs is a little more of the hunky part. He's adorable though. I like 'em short and compact! He's 5'7" (I'm 5'3") and is very much on the hulky side. Broad muscular shoulders and a nice firm butt!!! But he's a bit portly around the middle. If he'd ditch the gut he'd be the total package! He's my guy!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    ooooooooooo hunky man that can cook and give a good message! That almost describes my hubby. All he needs is a little more of the hunky part. He's adorable though. I like 'em short and compact! He's 5'7" (I'm 5'3") and is very much on the hulky side. Broad muscular shoulders and a nice firm butt!!! But he's a bit portly around the middle. If he'd ditch the gut he'd be the total package! He's my guy!
    Sounds like you have a great guy !
    Grins .... I'm 5'4", so 5'7" is tall for me LOL ...
    I don't have a guy at this point. Been divorced for a long time, a few long term (2-3 yr) relationships where I thought I had my guy (only to find out that they were doing the "my guy" thing with another woman). A few dates over the past year, but nothing that went beyond coffee or dinner. Seriously considering doing the online dating again, living in a small town doesn't give me very many opportunities to meet anyone. Tried the OkStupid (aka OKCupid) hence the name change ... sigh. Match and eHarmony a few years ago .... neither one yielded a keeper.

Maybe I need to refine my mental check list on men .....hhhhmmmmnnnnnn......
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    My belief is that if you are looking, you won't find. Believe in yourself, like who you are, enjoy your own company and one will happen along when you least expect it.

I am thrilled that between you and Tomi things seem to be heading in the right direction for you. It has been a long time coming!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    My belief is that if you are looking, you won't find. Believe in yourself, like who you are, enjoy your own company and one will happen along when you least expect it.

I am thrilled that between you and Tomi things seem to be heading in the right direction for you. It has been a long time coming!
    That's my thought as well .... the more I think about doing the online dating thing again, the more I realize I just don't want to deal with all the crazies out there. When I was on one before I had more messages from fake profiles, using the site as a way to scam .... they were easy to spot, along the lines of "blank" my name ... and then the usual stories of being from the UK, but now working in Nigeria, and a sob story of how he lost his wife and children in a car crash/airplane crash/ etc. ..... unbelievable. I was deleting and blocking more than 50% of the time.

I am super excited about how things are moving along for me and for Tomi. I honestly feel like my gut is finally starting to heal now, just wish that I had known about the fructose malabsorption sooner. It sure could have made my life a lot more comfortable !

Painted all day, remembering to get up and move around, but I am aching now like crazy. Against my better judgement I just took an advil .... not good for my gut I know, but hopefully it will knock out the headache and muscle aches. I took one break, crawled into the recliner at 5 this afternoon with the thought of a quick thirty minute nap to re-energize .... woke up at 7:15 when my son came in.
    Geeesh ....
    I am working to get away from the mindset that I have had for years now about June. It has (in the past) always, always, always been the worst month. No rest, non stop stuff every fracking week and this year is no different. Started out with a mad rush to complete some pieces for a store, set up my display space, price my work .... I've been working on new pieces all week to get in there to sell, and now this week I am designing and building a parade float, making food (including stuff I can't and won't eat !) and a painted birthday cake for the weekend, as well as attending (possibly) my high school reunion & dance on Friday night, the parade on Saturday and the birthday party on Sunday. My Mom reminded me today that the family reunion thing is a week away, and I am the designated one to take her. One family reunion I have to skip completely since it is also this coming weekend. I can't remember ever having a calm, quiet, and uneventful June.
    Grinning .... I do recall one year, tearing June out of my calendar .... sigh, that didn't help.

Taking language classes two nights a week, participate in a Native women's group 1-2 nights a week, have kids (grown and smaller, some mine, some others) in and out of here all the time .... and I want a fracking vacation. Just a few days, no calls, no drop-ins ... and if my house was cleaned, laundry done, the refinishing of the kitchen cabinets I started (don't even ask how long ago I started that project) and the front gi-normous patio (even longer than the damn cabinets) were miraculously done, then all the better !
    Oh, and the hunky paleo guy cooking for me and waiting patiently to give me a massage .... oh yeah .... guess the advil is working now, since I am ranting and working into the fantasy reality thing. Holy crap

Tummy not feeling great, the ground meat I had for dinner was too greasy, even though I got the lower fat and drained it well. Took some extra digestive enzymes earlier so hopefully that will help. I have come to the conclusion that I have to quit taking my liquid B complex ... it is giving me heart burn every time I take it now.
    I guess I am getting more and more aware of how I am reacting to things now. Hhhhhmmmmm
    Last edited by Orannhawk; 06-09-2013 at 10:43 PM.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Maybe the man of your dreams will be at the high school reunion. Stranger things have happened.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    ^ yup!

I had my first bad tummy day since starting the zero carb experiment. I was a little lax on the "cutting to rum" rule and drank 3 nights in a row - th/fr/sa - and it all caught up to me on sunday. Back to the hours of pain and diarrhea. I knew rum was on the no list for fodmaps - but I pushed it to see what would happen. I guess rum is now on my unsafe list.

I'll love to see your paintings! Hope your sales are over the top!

I can't comment on the dating thing....... I was married for 18 years to the mistake of my life........ and when that marriage ended I was immediately reunited with the love of my life. Hubby and I dated before either of us were married - I knew he was the one for me, but he wasn't quite so sure. He started dating someone else, and I married on the rebound. Fast forward 18 years and my ex is telling me he was never in love with me - his ex is having an affair with a younger man. Two divorces later - we find each other again. We were living 500 miles apart - but we knew we wanted to be together. We did the long-distance thing for 18 months --- and now we've been married for 12 1/2 years and couldn't be happier!

However --- I do have friends that have found their mates on eHarmony and are very happy. I wonder if there are ways to screen out the "fake" profiles. I think you can specify a "how many miles" from your hometown parameter. Honestly I thought eHarmony was the best sight for making sure it was all safe and REAL.

I'm glad to hear you are doing better in the gut problems! I find its not that difficult to eat this way when its the only way to feel good inside.

As for the B complex........ B vitamins should always be taken with food cuz they can cause stomach upset.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Maybe the man of your dreams will be at the high school reunion. Stranger things have happened.
    ROFLMAO .... Yeah, that would indeed be strange !

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    ^ yup!

I had my first bad tummy day since starting the zero carb experiment. I was a little lax on the "cutting to rum" rule and drank 3 nights in a row - th/fr/sa - and it all caught up to me on sunday. Back to the hours of pain and diarrhea. I knew rum was on the no list for fodmaps - but I pushed it to see what would happen. I guess rum is now on my unsafe list.

I'll love to see your paintings! Hope your sales are over the top!

I can't comment on the dating thing....... I was married for 18 years to the mistake of my life........ and when that marriage ended I was immediately reunited with the love of my life. Hubby and I dated before either of us were married - I knew he was the one for me, but he wasn't quite so sure. He started dating someone else, and I married on the rebound. Fast forward 18 years and my ex is telling me he was never in love with me - his ex is having an affair with a younger man. Two divorces later - we find each other again. We were living 500 miles apart - but we knew we wanted to be together. We did the long-distance thing for 18 months --- and now we've been married for 12 1/2 years and couldn't be happier!

However --- I do have friends that have found their mates on eHarmony and are very happy. I wonder if there are ways to screen out the "fake" profiles. I think you can specify a "how many miles" from your hometown parameter. Honestly I thought eHarmony was the best sight for making sure it was all safe and REAL.

I'm glad to hear you are doing better in the gut problems! I find its not that difficult to eat this way when its the only way to feel good inside.

As for the B complex........ B vitamins should always be taken with food cuz they can cause stomach upset.
    I can't go anywhere near rum, that's an instant hangover headache that lasts for days for me. I do however have a great fondness for good whiskey !!
    I ran (ok, drove) to the store this morning to get coffee, saw a friend there who immediately noticed the differences in my legs ... sooooo excited about that !

That is so awesome that you two found your way back together !

I did have some gut issues this morning, although I can't pinpoint why, unless it was because I ate too many eggs. I will try the B with food, I know yesterday I took it mid day away from food, just didn't think about it !
    I will see if I can add a couple of pics on here of some of my work ....

Son made dinner tonight and early too ... amazing burger patties for me that I doused liberally with fresh lime juice. So good that I ate two of them. Full as a tick now and just on two meat patties.

Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast