Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 6

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    ... an assortment of meats, 3 dozen eggs, veggies, fruits, finally the t.paper and laundry soap. The cashier is scanning and scanning and looking at the vast array of fresh yummy food and then he opens his mouth ... and I quote "You don't have ANY food !"

Bizarre, funny and downright sad that there are so many people who look at fresh veggies and fruits, and meats and don't see food !
    OMG!! Seriously?! Lightbulb moment! Can we guess how he eats?[/QUOTE]

LOL, He was what I would call a serious white bread boy .... the poster child of the pyramid food scheme and a SAD, SAD lifestyle ! He reminded me of an ex-bf who went into a lengthy detailed description one weekend on why he would buy beer before food ... since it has carbs and grains and miniscule amount of protein - it's a "sandwich in a can" !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Working today in hopes of making this day ... actually more like days ... suck just a little less. In a totally frustrated place which pisses me off even more. Giving some serious thought to hitting the gym again later to burn through the crap.

I did have a good workout this morning, goblet squats are getting deeper, weight heavier. Rows, ropes, kettlebells all went well ... just need a big tire to flip ... dreaming of converting part of my yard into a play area for myself ...
    On my FB page earlier and saw a new Paleo book is due out soon, so I added it to my cart in Amazon to pre-order.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    On my FB page earlier and saw a new Paleo book is due out soon, so I added it to my cart in Amazon to pre-order.
    Which Paleo book?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Which Paleo book?
    Paleo Comfort Foods :Homestyle Cooking in a Gluten-Free Kitchen - written by Julie Mayfield, Charles Mayfield with a forward from Robb Wolf

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Paleo Comfort Foods :Homestyle Cooking in a Gluten-Free Kitchen - written by Julie Mayfield, Charles Mayfield with a forward from Robb Wolf
    Time to go hunting!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Lax again with the journal ... have a lot of crap going on here and not enough time to deal with it all.
    Last night I sat and made up a listing of the foods that I have been eating the past two months - adding the carb counts where they applied, to be absolutely certain that I am staying under the 50 grams. The vast majority of the time I have been well under, a few hits and misses in the first month when I went 100% (and it was from fruit).

Current cravings ... Arugula, okra ... and a pear.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Lax again with the journal ... have a lot of crap going on here and not enough time to deal with it all.
    Last night I sat and made up a listing of the foods that I have been eating the past two months - adding the carb counts where they applied, to be absolutely certain that I am staying under the 50 grams. The vast majority of the time I have been well under, a few hits and misses in the first month when I went 100% (and it was from fruit).

Current cravings ... Arugula, okra ... and a pear.
    Sounds like you are doing well chica, especially the carb counts. Keep at it.

I watched Serenity for about the hundredth time last night. Made me think of you and your signature.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Sounds like you are doing well chica, especially the carb counts. Keep at it.

I watched Serenity for about the hundredth time last night. Made me think of you and your signature.
    Grins ... I've lost count how many times I have watched Serenity and all the episodes of Firefly ...

Good workout this morning .... leg press, hack squats, lats, hammer curls, bench, rows ... but I HAVE got to a tire to flip ! Still unbelievably hot here and not a drop of rain anywhere. Had my windows down in the truck yesterday and some shade from the tree in the yard ... got in to make a run to the post office and the temp read 113 ... holy crap. It does motivate me to get my workouts in before 8 am, my gym is a no AC kinda place. Getting in a really good sweat now !
    Although the weather hasn't shown any signs in changing, at least my ads from the Cabela's nearby are encouraging .... scopes, new camo ...the reminder to get my license early. All the lovely hunting gear that's sooo, so overpriced.
    I need to order that Hunter/Gatherer shirt that is on one of the other forum threads ....
    Enjoyed a coconut pancake this morning (recipe on Nom Nom Paleo) ... stopped into Sunflower Farmers Market on the way home from the dentist, hoping to pick up a new package of coconut 'flour' ... they don't even stock it. Online order or waiting 2 weeks till I am back at Whole Foods ....yeah, definitely online order.
    Off to munch out on the dino kale that they did have in stock ....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good workout today, good sweat ...
    Interesting dreams last night as well - seems I have started running in my dreams now. Not the usual running away from something kind of dreamscape - dreaming that I was at the track, cool breeze hitting me (obviously not the case in the triple digits we've been having here that last till dark-thirty) and recognizing that the strike was exactly where it needed to be, no pain in my feet or calves.
    Intriguing to say the least.
    Coach at the gym talked with me this morning, asking me what I wanted to be working on, so I am working on some ideas to implement. I did mention tires to him and he said that he and his wife (world medalist in multiple track and field events) use them at home. I am hoping to talk him into setting a section of the parking area aside for this ...
    Working on my frustration of no movement on the scales ... just not sure why.

Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast