Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 58

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Finished up a large painting early this AM, 90 plus hours in it and all within 9 and a half days. Absolutely fried now. It was a last minute kind of thing and I have made the decision to not take on things like this again, when there is simply not enough time to reasonably work and complete a piece.
    Continuing to monitor my foods and adjust my meals to the FODMAPS and I am starting to see and feel a difference. It's subtle so far, but I can tell it is making a difference, so I am forging on !
    Heading to dream now, first night in close to two weeks that I have gone to bed before 2 AM ....
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Amazing what happens when you finally get your body tuned in. Now that the dairy is gone, the nightshade veggies are gone, the brassicas are gone I am finally losing weight. I will miss you all but not eough to feel like crap and stalled. Good wishes that you experience the same thing.

Lay low until you get your energy back!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Amazing what happens when you finally get your body tuned in. Now that the dairy is gone, the nightshade veggies are gone, the brassicas are gone I am finally losing weight. I will miss you all but not eough to feel like crap and stalled. Good wishes that you experience the same thing.

Lay low until you get your energy back!
    The dairy and nightshades are gone for me too ... and I get parts of the brassicas, since some of them are in the yellow zone on the FODMAPS, but some are in the ok/green zone. Are you allergic to them or is there something else I need to be looking at other than the FODMAPS where these are concerned ?

I am still worn out .... although I did get a pretty decent sleep last night. Headed there now, but anxious to check with you on the brassicas !

As far as the brassicas I have discovered through trial and error that they all cause bloating and gas for me. While I have always loved them, I no longer want to put up with being bloated and feeling like a blimp. I've even given up my beloved kale! Oh, so hard to do but I much prefer feeling slender over feeling puffy. Just because they aren't "supposed to" be problematic doesn't mean they won't be........for you.

I don't know if it made any difference but I also gave up coffee almost two months agp.

I don't know if it made any difference but I also gave up coffee almost two months agp.
    I started drinking coffee again about 3-4 months back - straight black and limited amts. though.
    I know that the brassicas tend to mess with the thyroid, and mine is still not working the way it is supposed to, so likely it would be good for me to do the same. My allowable food list has shrunk to the point that I have very little that I am eating though ...

Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    My allowable food list has shrunk to the point that I have very little that I am eating though ...
    Boy, do I know that feeling. Every time I eat something that I already ruled out I am vividly reminded of why I ruled it out. Not worth it to me to feel like this.

Boy, do I know that feeling. Every time I eat something that I already ruled out I am vividly reminded of why I ruled it out. Not worth it to me to feel like this.
    I'm starting to see (and feel) some differences. Miss my onions, but I am subbing in with the green tops of fresh green onions, and fresh chives. It's a little depressing to look at the ok section on the FOSMAPS and see how many things I am allergic to in the "ok" foods.
    Are you seeing more changes now ?

I am. I cook exclusively with green onions any more. My weight has finally started changing, and you know how long I've been stalled. The only time I get gas or heartburn any more is when I try to convince myself that it will be okay this time to eat this or that. My body is leaner looking overall and I have dropped 15 pounds so far this year. Did I even drop five all last year? Figuring out, and getting rid of, foods that do not agree with me has made a huge difference. No coffee, no cow dairy, no brassicas, limited nightshade veggies...........big difference.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi After a comment from Honeybuns from your journal I thought I might pop in and join the conversation. I have just begun my journey with FODMAPS elimination - as in Just Yesterday!

A little history: About 5 years ago I suddenly started having chronic diarrhea - every. single. day. It was so bad some days I wasn't able to leave the house. Now - I have had tummy troubles my entire life. I missed out on a lot of things growing up because I had a stomach ache. I thought I just had a nervous stomach. Mom never took me to the doc for it - but in the 70's no doctor would have known what to do for me anyway. In the early 90's I was told I had IBS and to just live with it. I did a 3 month schedule of Para90 in hopes my problems stemmed from parasites - low and behold I was "cured" and for a good 10 years I could eat pretty much anything I wanted. Then some life altering events happened, and I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2000. Fast forward to 2006, I had gained 85 pounds, and due to the pain and fatigue, I had to quite working, by 2008 I was so sick with the fibromyalgia and the diarrhea I was hoping for some fatal disease to release me from my miserable existence. I kept searching for answers to my troubles - spent lots of time and money on doctors visits - and finally found MDA and Primal in November of 2011. Within 3 days of cutting grains, legumes and sugars from my diet I was feeling amazingly better! I started walking daily - granted at first I could only do a block at a time - but eventually worked up to 2+ miles. I've lost 30 pounds so far. But the tummy issues haven't been resolved. I found through blood tests that I'm hypothyroid and a low dose Armor Thyroid has got my levels up to normal - and for a short time that also seemed to fix my tummy troubles. But they came back. Which gets me to today................ I was searching IBS/diarrhea and found FODMAPS (again, I had briefly looked at it a year ago) and I also found Fructose Malabsorption - I read enough to realize that I could very likely have this problem and will need to do some experimenting to find out for sure. So.......... I have just embarked on a 2 week NO CARBS experiment to see if fructose is my nemesis. If so, I will be feeling better - I will also kill off the "bad" bacteria in my gut - and then after the 2 weeks I will start re-introducing foods one at a time to see what foods are on my safe list and what foods I will have to completely avoid.

I found it very interesting that the effects of the "bad" foods can take up to 72 hours to manifest. I guess this is going to be a long and difficult experiment.

I hope its okay if I follow along on your journey.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast