Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal page 55

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I am surprised he doesn't have sore muscles from the impact. My hubby was in an accident, thought he was fine. After seeing an MD went to a chiropractor who discovered that knobs on his vertebrae were knocked off in the collision. Might get him checked out to be sure. Chiro was the only one who did x-rays.

Too bad the deer didn't stick around to be dinner.
    He's going to go in to see our Chiro ... he was walking a little slower today for sure !
    When he called me, obviously my first question was about him, was he ok, was he hurt ... etc .... then I asked where the deer was, so we could throw it in the back of my truck. I was already thinking dinner !!!

Insurance adjuster called him today and they are issuing a check to him, he should have it early next week. Thankfully they were generous with it. Actually more than if he had traded it in. That was a surprise for both of us.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

How is your Mom doing?
    She saw her regular Doc today and although the swelling is down in her leg, she had xrays done on it, as well as another Doppler scan. I'm not sure why. I didn't go with her today, so I don't know if Momma relayed all the info to me or not. Evidently the doctor felt like there was another underlying reason for the swelling, although she agreed with the diagnosis of the cellulitis. The other Doppler ruled out a blood clot, but this Doc said something about a certain kind of cyst that could have been behind her knee, that could have burst naturally and the fluids stayed in the lower limb (since she is so sedentary).
    It bothers me that there were more tests .... and now a rather sketchy idea of what caused the swelling.

Mom said that there were areas where it was uncomfortable, where the skin feels tight, and yet it looks close to normal size now ... I wish that she would get off the SAD foods and all the sugary crap, and actually drink water. Sigh

Day 63
    Ok, I do admit, I am getting a little bit frustrated with the lack of fat loss.

B - 2 eggs, onions, apprx. 1/3 c ground, black coffee

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain. That is so me.

I do find that on the days I eat way more than usual, the weight goes down. Try adding eggs in the middle of the day or something.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Day 64
    B - coffee, 2 eggs, a hefty dose of irritation
    L - sat and watched family (from a safe distance) scarf down two hugs pizzas. Drank my water.
    D - brisket and a handful of romaine.

I feel your pain. That is so me.

I do find that on the days I eat way more than usual, the weight goes down. Try adding eggs in the middle of the day or something.
    Cash flow has been less than stellar for months now. I'm doing good if I manage to have food for 3 to 4 days, then anywhere from 1-3 days on coffee and water. Yeah I know, not healthy at all, but it's just a really difficult time.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    Cash flow has been less than stellar for months now. I'm doing good if I manage to have food for 3 to 4 days, then anywhere from 1-3 days on coffee and water. Yeah I know, not healthy at all, but it's just a really difficult time.
    This is why the fat isn't budging. When I was eating very sparingly (pre-primal) but walking 50 or miles a week, my weight actually went up. According to CW, it should have been melting off.

You'll get to the other side of the cash flow problem. Just hang on and take care of you.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

This is why the fat isn't budging. When I was eating very sparingly (pre-primal) but walking 50 or miles a week, my weight actually went up. According to CW, it should have been melting off.

You'll get to the other side of the cash flow problem. Just hang on and take care of you.
    I had figured that this was the case ... not an easy thing to admit to, but after I wrote this out last night, I felt a sense of relief that I haven't felt in a long, long time. My food budget plummeted from an average of 400-450 a month (including things like laundry, t-paper, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.) to 30 to 40 a month (and most of the time, it's been less than that).

-65-
    B, 2 boiled eggs, coffee - black and strong
    D, small acorn squash, onions, slice of brisket

Aching like crazy today, a good muscle ache ... spent the day redoing my bedroom, lugging out huge storage tubs of things I packed when I moved back here in 2007. Most of it is kitchen related, cast iron, giant crockpot, pans, pyrex, and several tubs of books. Got rid of the TV in there, along with the entertainment center (which basically held more books) and did some major cleaning. Feet and leg muscles are screaming, but the room (and the closets) look amazing, and a LOT larger looking too.
    Have a big stack of books that I will be selling, some mine, some were the ex-bf (but, as he had the opportunity to keep those he wanted when I left, they are mine now to sell !)

Need to get up early in the morning and get on a printing job and get that finished and delivered. Pretty sure I am going over my two cups of coffee tomorrow.

B - coffee, 2 eggs
    L - 1/2 c ground, onions
    D -

Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast